Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Setup TouchOSC Encoder to Emulate Digi ICON Jog Wheel for ProTools.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Setup TouchOSC Encoder to Emulate Digi ICON Jog Wheel for ProTools.

Hey guys, I'm having trouble setting up TouchOSC and OSCulator to behave like I want.
    Basically I want to have 1 BIG Encoder that can do several things like; Nudge Region, Trim Nudge Region, Nudge the Content inside of a Region, etc.

I know all the keyboard shortcut for the things I need. When Region is selected you press:

Nudge + is NumPad +
    Nudge - is NumPad -
    Trim Nudge Beginning of Region + is Opt NumPad +
    Trim Nudge Beginning of Region - is Opt NumPad -
    Trim Nudge End of Region + is Cmd NumPad +
    Trim Nudge End of Region - is Cmd NumPad -
    Content Nudge + is Ctrl NumPad +
    Content Nudge - is Ctrl NumPad -

The problem is when I rotate the encoder, the osc is only sending one message, either just 0 one time, or 1 one time, so I can't do endless nudge or trim. Anyone can help?

I absolutely love OSCulator and TouchOSC and I want to keep using these products to increase my workflow, it helps a lot when I'm working on laptop.

Thanks guys. I appreciate your help.

Screen Shot 2013-09-28 at 6.53.47 PM.jpg

And thanks to schlossax for his wonderful template . It's a good starting point for me, I can now modify your template into whats best for my workflow. Thanks for your awesome layout!!

Screen Shot 2013-09-28 at 6.58.59 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-09-28 at 6.59.07 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-09-28 at 6.59.40 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-09-28 at 6.59.46 PM.jpg
    Last edited by ogi24; 09-28-2013, 03:01 PM.

Hello ogi24,

The default behavior for OSCulator is to trigger the keystrokes without repeating them. A normal keyboard do repeats the characters as long as the key is pressed. To enable this behavior, copy/paste this command in the application Terminal:

Code:
     defaults write net.osculator.OSCulator DisableKeyRepeat NO
    and if you want to revert back to the default setting:

Code:
     defaults delete net.osculator.OSCulator DisableKeyRepeat
    The key repetition rate is taken from the system setting, defined in the System Preferences application.

Does it solve your problem?

Best,
    Camille

PS: Don't ask me why it is not a user-visible preference, I will consider adding that option in the Preferences.

Comment

I think it won't behave like I wanted. I want to nudge faster as I turn the encoder in fast motion and slower when I slowly turn the encoder. Hm, but the key repetition helps for now. Any other work around to keep sending repeatitive message based on how I turn the encoder knob?

Thanks a lot! =)
      Last edited by ogi24; 09-28-2013, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X