TI Bluetooth SensorTag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TI Bluetooth SensorTag

Is the TI Bluetooth SensorTag supported by OSCulator? I love my Wiimotes, but I am looking to add something smaller, and this thing looks awesome for my needs.

Hi,

It looks like a terrific little device, thanks for the suggestion!

OSCulator does not support this device, but I'd love to support it in the future.

This device uses Bluetooth Smart 4.0, and I can't find exactly which Macs are compatible with it.
    Apple added support for Bluetooth 4.0 in Mac OS X Lion 10.7, but I think it was meant to ease the use of Bluetooth 4.0 in the iOS simulator (so you can test applications written for iOS on your Mac), also you need a specific dongle since the local bluetooth adapter does not support BLE.

If I find anything about this I will let you know, in the meantime I am waiting for the Sensor Tag, I just ordered it.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Thanks!
      I just got mine. Its interesting, I can get it to work with the SensorTag Example App, found here:

But nothing else seems to find it.

Please let me know what you find out, I would be glad to help you test since I am not really much of a coder outside of Max, hahaha

Comment

Oh, and I have a 2013 Macbook Pro (2.6 G, i7)

Comment

That's good news!
          Is it a Retina display Mac?

I should receive mine tomorrow, I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Tip for knowing if your Mac supports Bluetooth 4.0 LE

Here is a tip I got from a friend about how to know if your Mac supports Bluetooth 4.0 LE:
            • Click on the Apple menu and choose "About This Mac"
            • Click on "More Info..."
            • Click on "System Report..."
            • In the system report, choose the Bluetooth category
            • Read what's under the LMP Version string (mine is 0x6)
            • Go to this bluetooth.org website and check your LMP Version.

This basically tells you that LMP Version 0x6 is Bluetooth 4.0 LE and anything under does not support it.

Comment

Hi Thomas,

I worked on a very basic prototype that will let you try the SensorTag in OSCulator.
              I will send it to you via email in a minute.

Best,
              Cam

Comment

Working...
              X