Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several Wi Boards

Dear Support,
    I had a question regarding the connection of several Wii Balance Boards on a same computer. I know this is possible, but I wanted to know if this is possible to route each signal on different port so that I could record in OSCseq the two boards in the same time ?
    Thank you very much in advance,
    Best,
    Harold

Hello Harold,

Sorry for the late answer.

There is a lot of different configurations you can do with OSCulator.
    Before I give you a more precise answer, I need to understand what you need to do.
    Does OSCseq allow for different input ports?

Also, do you really need to send data on two different ports?
    I ask this because if you connect two boards to OSCulator, the OSC message names will be different (e.g. /wii/1/balance and /wii/2/balance). The distinction is made this way, so it seems there is little need to make further distinction.

Best,
    Camille

Comment

Dear Camille,
      thank you for these very precise informations. I think I understood that the OSC messages for different WBB will be different and thus, that there is no need to select several different ports. I had another simple but dummy question. Does the sampling rate of the WBB change with Osculator ? I mean, does Osculator do control this variable or just see what the board see ?
      Thank you very much in advance for your help,
      Best regards,
      Harold

Comment

Hi Harnold,

You are welcome.
        The sampling rate is fixed by the controller and is around 100 messages per second.

Cam

Comment

By controler, you mean then Osculator ?

Comment

Rather the Balance Board (it is a controller just like a Wiimote is also a controller).

Comment

Dear Camille,
              I am now trying to connect two WBB on a mac running OSCulator. When using the routine "Wii Board for processing" and pushing the button pairing, I succeeded in paring a first WiiBoard with the mac, but when trying to pair the second WBB, it always disconnect the first one to allow the pairing of the second one. How can U proceed to get the two WBB get paired at the same time on the same computer ?T
              hank you very much in advance
              Best,
              Harold

Comment

Hi Harnold,

Once the pairing process is done for a remote, you don't have to do it again. The next time you want to connect your board, simply push the front button, and the remote having been paired already remembers your computer and connects to it.

During the pairing phase no remote can be connected this is why when you try to pair two remotes in a row, the first one gets disconnected when the second one gets paired.

So if you want to connect several balance boards, just press their front button, no need to start any pairing process.

Best,
                Camille

Comment

Hi Harnold,

Wii remotes don't need to be paired twice. When you want to connect your paired remote, simply push the front button.

During the pairing phase no remote must be connected this is why when you try to pair two remotes in a row, the first one gets disconnected while the second one gets paired.

So if you want to connect several balance boards, just press their front button, no need to start any pairing process.

Best,
                  Camille

Comment

Hi Camille,
                    working so great ! Thanks. Ideally, this means that there is no limit regarding the number of wii balance boards connected ?
                    Thanks,
                    Best regards,
                    Harold

Comment

It depends on your computer, it is usually 4 guaranteed, up to 7 or 8.

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
                        It depends on your computer, it is usually 4 guaranteed, up to 7 or 8.
                        Dear Camille,
                        I encounter a problem with the connection on oscillator of two Wii Balance Boards. As you can see on the screen capture attached, both are connected on bluetooth, but when I follow the classical procedure you told me (first paring a WBB pushing the pairing button on Osculator and then pushing the front button of the second WBB, I cannot get the two WBB having a green icon in the same time in the "Wii Balance Board to Processing" window.
                        Any idea to solve this problem ?
                        Thank you very much in advance,
                        Best regards,
                        Harold

Comment

Hi Harold!

This is not correct, only a single remote can be paired at a time.

The procedure is to pair each board independently with the red button inside.

Once the boards are paired you don't have to run the pairing procedure again. Just push the front A button and they will both connect to OSCulator.

Best,
                          Camille

Comment

Working...
                          X