Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait or Delay Time

Hi there,

My apologies if this has been answered before, I'm new and did a search but couldn't find anything.

Camille, what an amazing piece of software, its incredible and i am beginning to pick it up and get my way through it. So useful for creating interactive controllers.

My query relates mostly to duplicated items in oscillator...
    I wondered if there is a way to add a wait time to a specific action at all? basically i have a button i would like to click that would in theory send 4 commands,
    1) stop current audio track
    wait 2 sec
    2) trigger next audio track
    3) trigger lighting cue
    4) mute mics...

all the actual triggering and routing i can do but don't know if there is a way i can add a 'delay' time to item 2-4?

Thanks in advance and if this isn't possible then no worries, its just a thought process at this stage for an upcoming project but can just create two buttons if need be.

Thanks,
    Colin

Hello Colin,

Thank you for the nice words and suggestion.

Would you like to do some cueing?
    Adding a "wait" function to OSCulator has a lot of hidden problems, I would recommend you use a tool dedicated to this task.
    Typically, QLab is designed for this, you can control it from OSCulator, and it will handle the complexity of events chaining and triggering.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Hi Cam,

thanks for your reply, after thinking about it further I understood I was asking a little more than the scope of the App (and introducing potentially a lot of issues) with adding a wait. I was attempting to keep qlab as dumb in my setup however have come up with an alternative method with another button for this project which also adds a level of safety into the mix. Thanks for your help though, I trialled the product on a demo for a production the other day and all works sweet.

Amazing job, all the best!

Colin

Comment

You are welcome Colin, good luck with your project!

Comment

Hi Colin,

A friend of mine suggested that you could use AppleScript to trigger events from OSCulator to QLab:

Best,
          Cam

Comment

Working...
          X