Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a JOG wheel and FCPX

hello,
    New to OSC and I am trying to create basically a keyboard shortcut for use with FCPX and After Effects.

I have a keyboard short cut set up in both programs that is simply arrow left to go back a frame and arrow rt to go forward.

I have set up a similar jog wheel with my wacom tablet and it would be great if I could get TouchOSC to work the same.

I would like to have an encoder be able to send arrow Lf and rt commands back to the mac to move the playhead forwards and backwards. So as long as I turn the encoder wheel it will keep sending the command, then when I stop the playhead would stop in FCPX.

In Osculator, I see the encoder wheel set up however I can't figure out how to make a command that sends commands forwards and backwards. Make sense.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Nick

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately TouchOSC's rotary is not an appropriate object for using as an encoder.
    Because it has boundaries, you can not turn it infinitely left or right.

A user recently asked a similar question on the forum except he was trying to do the same with a TouchOSC rotary, MIDI messages and Live. I sugestest a hack with OSC Routings. It didn't work because when the rotary is at its min or max limit, TouchOSC stops sending a meaningful information.

You can make a poor's man encoder with two button, and exploit the fact that keystrokes get repeated in OSCulator when they are held. I know this is a completely different feeling than a real encoder. I don't know if there is another control surface on iOS that would provide such control at the moment. I think you could do that with Lemur, but it may require a bit of research.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Working...
    X