Duplicate osc message to two programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate osc message to two programs

Hey guys, im hoping this is the solution. haven't quite figured out how to do it yet as you suggested.

I am receiving a OSC message from Kinect and need to send the exact same osc information out to multiple ports. it doesnt need to be changed or remapped.

The programs that are receiving it are conflicting and fighting over the port as they are trying to get the data from the kinect. Each program needs to receive the same data on different ports.

I don't quite understand osculator. Can you give me more info on how to actually do this.

Thanks so much
    stu

Originally posted by camille View Post
    Hi,

You should use the Duplicate command found in the Edit menu.
    Select the message, and press Command-D.
    See page 16 of the manual for more information.

Best Regards,
    Cam
    Last edited by camille; 01-23-2021, 10:12 AM. Reason: Updated manual link

Hi Stu,

OSCulator is missing the ability to route multi-argument OSC messages to multiple OSC targets.

I have written a small command-line tool to solve that issue:

The oscbroadcast tool is a command line program that allows to duplicate an input OSC stream of messages to two or more computers. OSculator has already the ability to duplicate messages and route them to several targets, but this solution is more powerful in the sense it requires less configuration in Osculator, and keep the

I believe this is what you need.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Hi, I'm trying to access this link, but it doesn't seem to work. I need to make the osculator work at the same time with the Atem Mini and the H2R. I created a template using TousOSC to control Atem Software and H2R.

Comment

The link won’t work for me either. I’d love to know the solution.

Comment

The link has been fixed.

Comment

Thank you so much

Comment

Where do I place the command line? I’m not the most tech savvy. Do I put it as an address in OSCulator or somewhere else?

Comment

Working...
              X