Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put address at the arguments

Hello,
    I'm trying to pass the address Osculator receives as an argument.
    Is there a way to do this using a token or something else than hard code every address?

Thanks.

Hi Joan,

I am sorry this is not supported at the moment, but this sounds like an interesting use case.
    What are you trying to achieve?
    Is there any way I can help you to do things differently?

Cam

Comment

Thanks for replying,

What I'm making is an app for android to use the device as a controller for traktor, like touchOSC, and I have like a grid of buttons to control the remix decks. I want to use the midi that sends traktor to change the color of the buttons to know which are playing. The problem is that with JavaOSC I don't know how to make a listener that checks for all the address of the remix decks midi output.
      What I thought was group all the midi output from traktor to a single address and pass the original as an argument to know which decks have changed.
      Do you know an other way to achive this?

Thanks

Comment

It seems that the default OSCPacketDispatcher is made so it only dispatches on known message addresses.
        You could subclass OSCPacketDispatcher so it does not have this requirement.

Otherwise, you could also use the raw MIDI as an OSC message and send it to your application.
        To activate the MIDI Raw mode, open the Parameters window, then go to I/O and choose "MIDI Input Mode: Raw".
        This will create a MIDI/OSC message in OSCulator that you can forward over OSC to any network application.

Best,
        Cam

Comment

Working...
        X