Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit confused about Duplicate in regards to OSC

Hi all,

I am having some difficulty understanding the "duplicate" feature when working with OSC messages. I'll start off by saying what I am trying to do first (if this is tmi, please skip to the last paragraph)

I am using Lemur (Liine, iPad) where I created a Switch (toggle button) with the following message: /ch/07/mix/01/on
    This is a toggle command for a mute switch in my Behringer X32. I am able to get that communication working perfectly.
    The issue is I need to also send another message by pressing the same button. That would be: /ch/07/mix/03/on. To be more specific, I need to have these messages alternately sent. I.e. When the Switch is "open" the first message is sent (""/01/on) and when the switch is "closed" the second message is sent (""/03/on).

So….I tried using the duplicate message feature, but I don't quite understand how to use it. I feel like the MIDI version makes sense, but I don't know what to put in the " 0: " and " 0>0 " fields.
    I have been combing thru the manual but I haven't found an answer yet.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi!

There are several ways of solving this.

I generally favor solutions at the controller level, that is, sending alternate messages from Lemur.

About a solution in OSCulator:

Duplicate will not be useful here. It is useful when you want to repeat a message value with another event. You can tweak the scalings or change the event to something completely different, but for mutually exclusive scenarios like the one your describe, it won't be helpful.

In your Lemur template, the switch should alternatively send the values 0 and 1. In OSCulator you want to act on the 0 or the 1 alternatively, so you need a way to "reveal" the values carried over by the message. For this, you must use the "Demux" function. Select the message received from Lemur and choose Edit -> Demux, then send the message again making sure you send enough messages so that OSCulator is aware of every possible value (for instance 0 and 1).

You can use Quicklook on the new sub-messages for 0 and 1 and you will see that they are triggered when the corresponding value is received, alternatively thanks to the switch button behavior.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Working...
    X