Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot change event type

Hi there

I'm having trouble changing event type - could someone give me guidance? Sorry if I am missing something very obvious!
    I'm trying to set up Synapse to talk to Traktor, and no other event types are available other than OSC routing and Console Log. (screenshot1)
    I've tried importing another preset, and those all have plenty of options in the event column, (screenshot2), but I can't change the type for my synapse-generated events.

How do I simply get a MIDI event type to pop up?

Thanks for any help!
    Attached Files

Hi Rex,

OSCulator operates differently on "OSC messages" and "OSC message arguments".
    What you see here is the menu for OSC messages, the top level entity, and these are the only event types you can use with a OSC message.

If however you choose to assign an event to an argument of this message — that is, a child element of the top level entity — you will get access to more event types.

The first chapter of the user manual explains in more detail how OSC messages are made and how their work... A recommended reading!

Cam

Comment

Hi Rex,

What you see here is the menu for OSC messages, the top level entity, and these are the only event types you can use with a OSC message.

If however you choose to assign an event to an argument of this message — that is, a child element of the top level entity — you will get access to more event types.

The first chapter of the user manual explains in more detail how OSC messages are made and how their work... A recommended reading!

Cam

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
        Hi Rex,

Cam
        Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated! Sorry I didn't thank you sooner

Comment

Working...
        X