No announcement yet.

Can't connect the Wiimote to computer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't connect the Wiimote to computer.

Hey everybody,

This is my first post. I've been searching in the forum if anybody had this problem before, but I couldn't find it.

I cannot connect my wiimote to oscultor. I have a macbook air with Mac OSX 10.9.2 (mavericks) . The thing is that before I had Lion and it worked at first time.
    What does actually happens is that when I try to pair it seems that it gets paired for a half a second because I can see a changing in the bluetooth icon, but suddenly it disconnects. In oscillator nothings happens. I have been trying using Power button, and 1&2, but there is no way to make it work. Also I've checked if the wiimote is the real one, not a copy.

So, does anybody had this problem? Or maybe you now how can i fix it.

Thank you.

Hi noxasdj,

Are you sure there is no Wii console or other computer picking up the signal of your Wiimote?
    Another possibility is that your Wiimote is low on battery.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
      Hi noxasdj,

Are you sure there is no Wii console or other computer picking up the signal of your Wiimote?
      Another possibility is that your Wiimote is low on battery.

Best,
      Cam
      There is no other computer or wiimote picking up my signal. The batteries ara fully charged. Still the same problem, seems to connect for a second, but i doesn't.

Comment

What version is OSCulator running?

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
          What version is OSCulator running?
          I am running on the last I guess: Version 2.13.1 (20140113)

Comment

Hmmm, that's puzzling me.
            The Wiimote driver runs fine on Mavericks and OSCulator 2.13.1.
            I have heard of no specific issue like the one you describe.

However, what you describe sounds like you were running a previous version of OSCulator with the kernel extension installed.
            Please see this post:

Comment

Yes! Thank you very much Cam, now it works!
              I've checked, the post you linked me, and I follow the instructions. I guess that I had a problem with the Blued, I have quit the task on the activity monitor and restart the mac. Open the OSCulator and it paired un less than a second. I am so happy.

Thanks again. That was a huge help.

Comment

Great!
                Remember that now the pairing is done, you don't need to do it again.

Comment

Working...
                X