Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raw IR: Osculator sending too many OSC messages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw IR: Osculator sending too many OSC messages?

Hi,

I'm tracking raw IR and I noticed that Osculator will send continuous OSC messages saying the current location of the 4 IR points even if they haven't updated and (crucially) even if they are stale.

My Osculator settings (file attached as well) look something like this,
    Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 4.30.43 PM.png

wiimotes.oscd

And then I'm receiving OSC messages like this continuously (every few milliseconds),
    Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 4.30.08 PM.png

The issue with this is I can't know if the Wiimote has recently seen an IR dot or if it is just sending something it saw a long time ago.

I can do a check on my side to see if an IR position has changed recently and assume it is stale if it has not. But this seems hacky.

I was wondering if there is something I should change with my configuration or anything else you can suggest.

Thanks!
    Toby

PS: Great product!

Hi Toby!

The Raw IR data OSC messages are just another representation of the raw data sent by the Wiimote. Nothing is changed except that values are normalized to useful ranges.

Now, are you sure you can not model the state of each sensor in your program given this stream of data? I don't think there is anything hacky in this.

Keep in mind that if you were to program a micro-controller with a physical sensor, you would ultimately have to sample it and decode its state in a similar manner.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Working...
    X