Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OSC MESSAGE PATHS (LEMUR to OSCULATOR to LOGIC PRO X)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSC MESSAGE PATHS (LEMUR to OSCULATOR to LOGIC PRO X)

Hello OSCulator Folks!

I have OSCulator up and running and can get basic transport buttons up and running but I am having difficulty when I need
    to map the relative paths. OSCulator can see:

- /logic/track/instrument/param/1/value
    -/logic/track/instrument/param/1/value/z

They highlight in green (message gets through to Logic) but nothing is moving on the instrument. (EFM1 in this case)

I noticed in the OSC message paths there are an additional two :

- /logic/track/instrument/param/1/name
    -/logic/track/instrument/param/1/value/string

Do those need to be assigned? If so, to which parameter? I'm using a Knob from within Lemur.
    It's variables are x,z,attraction,friction,speed and value.

I've attached some photos below to help.

Thanks in advance.

Your friendly Lemur Fan Dan
    aka SupernovaParanoia
    Attached Files

Hi Dan!

It seems this is not designed to work with OSCulator Plug-in for Logic Pro.

Please have a look at the reference on the messages it accepts. The complete list is located in the file "OSCulator ƒ/Samples Library/OSCulator Plug-in for Logic Pro/README - OSCulator Plug-in for Logic Pro.html".

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
      Hi Dan!

It seems this is not designed to work with OSCulator Plug-in for Logic Pro.

Please have a look at the reference on the messages it accepts. The complete list is located in the file "OSCulator ƒ/Samples Library/OSCulator Plug-in for Logic Pro/README - OSCulator Plug-in for Logic Pro.html".

Best,
      Cam
      Hey Cam
      Thanks for the quick response.

I'm rather confused as the OSCulator plugin automatically populated those particular OSC messages within Logic Pro.

So should I delete the OSCulator Plugin Message paths?
      Thanks for your time
      aka SupernovaParanoia

Comment

Oh yeah, my fault! I am the one who is confused...
        I thought you were using the plugin, but in your case, you should not need that.
        Can you please check what OSC target is assigned to the default target?
        It's in the Parameters window, OSC tab.
        My guess is that it is actually not sending data to Logic.

Comment

Hey Camille
          Thanks for the quick reply
          Sorry in the delay

I am using the Logic Pro Plug-in provided by OSCulator.
          The default target is: myImac - UDP
          There are two other options : myImac:8000(OSCulator) - UDP & myImac:8000 - TCP
          which i've tried but doesn't change anything.
          I've since imported the Logic Pro OSCulator Dictionary into OSC Routing which appear to have different parameters from those populated inside
          Logic Pro?

Looking over things again, I'm realizing that I need to assign a Key Combo to my messages in order to use the transport buttons.
          I'm thinking I should't really have to do this if the pure OSC messages are getting through? So there's definitely no OSC getting to Logic even though
          it's lighting up green. I hope i'm making sense.

Again, any help is much appreciated.
          Kind regards
          aka SupernovaParanoia
          Last edited by supernovaparanoia; 04-07-2015, 10:39 PM. Reason: after thought

Comment

Hi Dan!

If you are using the latest Logic version, you should not need to use OSCulator.
            The OSCulator Plugin for Logic Pro provides you a OSC bridge to Logic Pro's control surface model.
            Since the message addresses are pre-formatted, you don't need to configure Logic Pro, meaning that you should not enter a OSC address into Logic.

So, I would advise that you first try to send message from Lemur to Logic the simple way, that is without OSCulator and without the Plugin. Bind the Logic user interface controls to your remote Lemur interface using any OSC message address you like.

(Logic listens on a UDP socket not TCP.)

Best Regards,
            Camille

Comment

Hi Camille

Thanks for getting back.

Yes, ideally I would like to connect directly but for some reason, Logic cannot see Lemur which is what led me to OSCulator.
              (maybe Lemur is sending on TCP rather than UDP, in which case I cannot see any options within Lemur to change it)
              Any thoughts?

Cheers
              aka SupernovaParanoia

Comment

Working...
              X