Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphire ET not working

I have connected an old Wacom Original graphire 4x5 to Osculator
    It is recognised and the proximity button and pressure seem to be working fine.
    However the x and y are only changing a couple of hundredths across the axis i.e.0.04-0.06 across the whole width of the screen and 0.97-0.99 on the y axis.

The lock mouse cursor doesn't seem to do anything either. The pen is fully active and will click in open applications and the mouse moves all over the screen.

I have the latest driver, but this is a legacy driver from 2007.

Is this tablet now obsolete?

I am using OS 10.8.5

Thanks

Hello micpool,

It is recognised and the proximity button and pressure seem to be working fine.
    However the x and y are only changing a couple of hundredths across the axis i.e.0.04-0.06 across the whole width of the screen and 0.97-0.99 on the y axis.
    To me, this sounds like the Wacom driver is not engaging.

I don't think the tablet is obsolete and should be well handled with a more recent driver.
    The first thing you can try is to reinstall the same driver, but make sure you use Wacom's uninstall procedure first (by running the installer and choosing to uninstall the driver) before re-installing the driver. Another option is to install a newer driver if possible, and likewise uninstall the previous driver first.

I have seen many cases where a clean re-install of the driver fixed everything.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
      To me, this sounds like the Wacom driver is not engaging.
      I have seen many cases where a clean re-install of the driver fixed everything.
      Please let me know how it goes.
      I have reinstalled the driver, but no change in behaviour
      The tablet is working fine in Photoshop.
      What I don't understand is what is meant to happen when I press caps lock in Osculator?
      When I press it all the parameters immediately appear in the main window, but the tablet is still active in every other application. What does mouse locking mean?

Thanks
      Mic

Comment

When you press the Caps Lock key, it will activate data acquisition from the Wacom tablet and lock (or freeze) the mouse cursor in place. This is made so there is no confusion between the two modes of operation : when you use the tablet to control an application (as Photoshop) and when you use it as a musical instrument.
        If you receive data in OSCulator then it sounds like it is working

Comment

When you press the Caps Lock key, it will activate data acquisition from the Wacom tablet and lock (or freeze) the mouse cursor in place.
          If you receive data in OSCulator then it sounds like it is working
          thats what i thought was meant to happen. On my system caps lock enables the receiving of data, but the cursor is not locked in place, and the x and y data received is incorrect.

Comment

The driver you re-installed, is this the most recent on Wacom's website or did you have to use an old one? Maybe there is a compatibility discrepancy between the driver and the operating system.

Comment

The driver you re-installed, is this the most recent on Wacom's website or did you have to use an old one? Maybe there is a compatibility discrepancy between the driver and the operating system.
              It was the most recent legacy driver for the slate blue Mk 1 Graphire Tablet (ET) on the Wacom site.

I have found a driver that works correctly with this tablet and OSCULATOR.

Wacom Driver 6.1.7-5 for Intuos 2.

Thanks

Comment

Sounds great, thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                X