Include tablet mouse disable as part of the preset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Include tablet mouse disable as part of the preset

The title says it all - right now, you have to open osculator and type the command key to disconnect a Wacom tablet from the mouse
    cursor. It would be nice if there were a checkbox or something to just save this as part of a preset.

Also, I have run into a situation where the mouse disconnect stops working and requires a reboot. Is there any known issue?

Cheers,

rkuivila

Hi rkuivila,

This is an interesting idea: you could be able to lock the mouse cursor from a OSC message.
    On a preset change OSCulator can generate an OSC message, and you would simply hook the mouse lock event to that message.

About the reboot issue: there is no known issue at this moment, would you mind sharing your operating system version?
    I am assuming you have the latest version of OSCulator.

Could you try the following if that happens again: press Command-Option-Escape and quit OSCulator by using your keyboard (since the mouse does not work). Does it release the mouse again?

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
      Hi rkuivila,

This is an interesting idea: you could be able to lock the mouse cursor from a OSC message.
      On a preset change OSCulator can generate an OSC message, and you would simply hook the mouse lock event to that message.

About the reboot issue: there is no known issue at this moment, would you mind sharing your operating system version?
      I am assuming you have the latest version of OSCulator.

Could you try the following if that happens again: press Command-Option-Escape and quit OSCulator by using your keyboard (since the mouse does not work). Does it release the mouse again?

Best,
      Cam
      Hi Cam,

Thanks for your quick reply!

I am using Supercollider and don't know how to generate the mouse lock event that would shut off Wacom control of the mouse.
      (Or would I direct the OSC message to some other application?)

The problem I was having was not that Wacom mouse control remained disabled, rather that Osculator was no longer able to disable
      Wacom mouse control. This is on OS10.9.5.

Cheers,

RJK

Comment

Working...
      X