Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3DConnexion Space Mouse Wireless

Hi,

is the Space Mouse Wireless compatible with OSCulator? If so, how do I get it working? The "use Space Navigator" option is greyed out from Window menu. The mouse is communicating fine with my Mac (Hackintosh). I want to be able to use the mouse to control parameters in Ableton Live via MIDI.

Any advice greatly appreciated. My search for information will continue in the meantime.

-ed.

upon further investigation I came across a problem that is consistent on both my Macs. On my Hackintosh, while I had the usb dongle for the space mouse wireless plugged in, I didn't have the 3DConnexion drivers installed, so the 3d mouse was acting as a normal mouse when panned or tilted. However, now that I've got the software installed, Osculator quits on start, giving this error:
    Process: OSCulator [560]
    Path: /Applications/OSCulator ƒ/OSCulator.app/Contents/MacOS/OSCulator
    Identifier: net.osculator.OSCulator
    Version: 2.13.2 (20140918)
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: ??? [1]
    Responsible: OSCulator [560]
    User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2015-08-08 18:20:35.444 +0100
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10.4 (14E46)
    Report Version: 11
    Anonymous UUID: D901DC99-50EE-7289-3E5C-CF4D93ADAB6E

Time Awake Since Boot: 1200 seconds

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
    objc[560]: '/Library/Frameworks/3DconnexionClient.framework/Versions/A/3DconnexionClient' was not compiled with -fobjc-gc or -fobjc-gc-only, but the application requires GC
    objc[560]: *** GC capability of application and some libraries did not match

- When I tried to use osculator on my Macbook Pro running the latest and same version of Yosemite as my Hackintosh (10.10.4), I get the same error.

Comment

Hi,

Please see this thread:

Have a warm and creative summer!

Cam

Comment

Hi Cam, thanks for reply. unfortunately, using the app in 32 bit mode doesn't solve the problem...still getting the same error. Is there a conflict between the 3DConnexion software and Osculator? It seems the problem began with the installation of 3DxWare...

Comment

Hi Ed,

I'm so sorry I did not sent you the right link.
          Here is the proper discussion:

Best,
          Cam

Comment

HI Cam,

unfortunately I do not see 3DxMacWare 1.7.2 on the legacy drivers page...

Comment

great. It's working now. SpaceMouse Wireless is going to send MIDI to Ableton which will in turn send MIDI to a Teensy powering motors in a pan / tilt / slide camera motion rig

Thanks for the help!

Comment

MIDI mode on the Teensy is the most awesome thing on the planet!
                Sounds like a great project

Comment

Working...
                X