Bank Select & Program Change with Wiimote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Select & Program Change with Wiimote

I've been tasked with a project to use a Wiimote for controlling a small teaching lab where individuals will need to control a video switcher and recording software running on a Mac.
    I started off with ControllerMate and somehow managed to bang my head on the keyboard enough to get one of the 5 different Wiimote apps working, but after a reboot all was lost and I could never get the Wiimote paired to the mac again.
    Then I found Osculator which obviously someone has taken the time and care to keep the Wiimote framework up to date.
    I started by sending midi notes to ControllerMate because I couldn't figure out how to send Midi CC for Bank Select & Program Change from Osculator.
    I now have Osculator doing everything but Bank Select & Program Change. While Using Midi Monitor I discovered the problem. OSCulator is sending the value of the button as the bank numbers and program numbers because button press = 127.
    Is there a way to preset the MIDI CC variable I want sent instead of the input value from the WiiMote? Having the Wiimote button just being a trigger?
    Basically I want to send MIDI CC 0 = 84, MIDI CC 32 = 0, then Program Change = 2

Thanks
    Peter

Hi Peter,

OSCulator is not really strong at doing this kind of MIDI strings at the moment.
    But you can get away by doing the following:

1. Select the message corresponding to the button of interest on your Wiimote,
    2. Duplicate that button two times so you get three slot in which you can put events,
    3. Configure the desired MIDI CC / Program changes, not taking account of their actual values,
    4. Now flip to the Scalings Page (choose View -> Scalings Page) and edit the Output min and max values so they are the same, effectively sending the message twice but with fixed values.

Please let me know if that works for you.
    Otherwise, another solution is to bundle that MIDI string in another program, like MIDI Pipe, a bit simpler than ControllerMate.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Working...
    X