Osculator lost Target App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osculator lost Target App

I have a custom TouchOSC layout that basically launches keyboard shortcuts in Pro Tools. I've been using it for about a year now and last week I noticed that all of the Key Combos I have assigned to Pro Tools no longer work. The little square next to specific button flashes red, indicating an error. Further, Pro Tools is no longer available in the Target Application pop-up list.

The only thing I can think of that could be an issue is that I upgraded Pro Tools right before this started. But the name of Pro Tools in my Application folder stayed the same.

Also, if I just remove the Target App from each command, then everything works as expected. But I'd like to designate some commands to Pro Tools only. Hence my issue.

I'm running the latest version of OCSulator and MAC OS 10.8.5.

Thanks in advance!

ben

Hello Ben,

Thank you for reporting this problem.

It seems some applications are affected by this issue, and others not.
    In my case on El Capitan, I can not control TextEdit, while I can control Firefox with Key Combos.

I suspect, Pro Tools has upgraded the way it handles key commands.
    Also, Apple is progressibely changing the way key events are handled by the system to increase security.

Please let me search for a solution, I'll be right at you.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Thanks for your help, Cam. Since I'm still on 10.8.5, this one probably isn't on Apple, but happy to blame Avid for this...

Comment

Hello Benny,

But the name of Pro Tools in my Application folder stayed the same.
        As you noted, the name of the application is decisive to the correct sending of the key combo.
        When a Key Combo event fails with a red light, it means that the target application was not found.
        When you list the Key Combos in the Parameters Window, could you please check that (while Pro Tools is launched) the selected name is correct? It could be that they changed the name of the application in a subtle way (not visible in the Finder), which would prevent OSCulator from finding its target.

If so, you just have to re-set the correct target application name for all affected Key Combos, you should be able to do that by selecting them all and choose the right name.

Best,
        Cam

Comment

Thanks much, Cam.

The application names do seem to be identical. Unfortunately I can't just reassign the app to each Key Combo (which would be a huge PITA btw) because, as I mentioned in the OP, I am no longer give the option to choose Pro Tools for any Key Combo in the Target Column. It is available in the pop-up menu at the bottom of the Parameters Window, but doesn't seem to have any effect.

I'm really hoping that the solution here involves getting OSCulator to recognize my existing assignments to PT. I'd really like to avoid redo'ing this work.

Thanks again,
          Ben

Comment

Hi Ben,

I did not realize that the contents of both menus (individual targets and default target) were different!
            I wonder how this can be, would you mind sending me a screenshot and the original file to camille at osculator dot net so I have a closer look?

Thank you very much,
            Cam

Comment

Working...
            X