OSCulator switch pages on iPad when switching applications on Mac OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSCulator switch pages on iPad when switching applications on Mac OS

I have 4 pages on my TouchOSC on the iPad. Each page has custom key commands for an application. IE Page 1, After Effects, Page 2, Cinema 4D, Etc.

Is there any way to make it to where when I bring Cinema 4d to the front active application on the mac, the iPAD automatically switches to say Page 2?

Did you find a solution to this problem? Im experiense similar, but just with Logic, Osculator and touchosc.

Comment

Hi,

I note the feature request of being able to receive an OSC message when an application is launched or quit.

Quick question: Do you organize your TouchOSC pages in a single OSCulator preset, or do you have a different preset for each page?

Best,
      Cam

Comment

It is in a single OSCulator preset..

Comment

Different presets per page that are application specific. Basically it would be great to act like the Touch Bar on the new MacBook Pro. Thoughts on how to do this?

Comment

Hi Nick,

I understand that your would use the pages in TouchOSC as buttons to change the currently active application?
            That can be done with AppleScript at the moment, just create an AppleScript event and use this script (for example to bring iTunes foremost):
            tell application "iTunes" to activate

Comment

thanks for the response. Actually I would like the reverse, well kinda. I would like to switch application on the Mac. Ie bring Final Cut to the front. and then I would like the TouchOSC to change to the FCPX page. And of course if I go to iTunes, I would like the TouchOSC to switch to iTunes. Basically the Mac is telling the TouchOSC on the iPad which page to go to.

One other thing. Is there a way for the encoder to act a +/- button. IE if I turn the encoder to the left it does a key combo of (+), then to the right, it executes (-)
              I could figure out how to set in the Osculator.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by camille View Post
              Hi Nick,

I understand that your would use the pages in TouchOSC as buttons to change the currently active application?
              That can be done with AppleScript at the moment, just create an AppleScript event and use this script (for example to bring iTunes foremost):
              tell application "iTunes" to activate

Comment

I did find an app called Quadro that does what I was asking about. I have my iPad running Quadro and there is a desktop app also running in the background. When I change applications on the desktop the iPad automatically switches to the page/tab of the custom layout that corresponds with application that is the front most on the computer.

Comment

Working...
                X