Launching Applications using Key Combos & Quicksilver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launching Applications using Key Combos & Quicksilver

yo whats up.. thanx for the update.. im new to OSCulator but have had good success the last 3 days with it. with one issue only i see....

controling TotalMIX midi seems to be perfectly fine, but i set up some Midi to Apple Key Commands to launch programs from my ipad ( using Quicksilver to translate ) but it does not work.. the Key Commands still work if i punch them in on the keyboard and i tried to remake the connection but no luckk.. any idea why?

in the image below the /1/push1 (keycode 105 / F13) example of whats not working .. basically in this case a button on touchOSC launches iTunes.. appreciate the help.. Jonney x

Screen Shot 2016-10-17 at 9.36.18 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 9.20.53 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-18 at 9.21.16 AM.png
    Last edited by J Pad; 10-18-2016, 07:53 PM.

Originally posted by J Pad View Post
    yo whats up.. thanx for the update.. im new to OSCulator but have had good success the last 3 days with it. with one issue only i see....

controling TotalMIX midi seems to be perfectly fine, but i set up some Midi to Apple Key Commands to launch programs from my ipad ( using Quicksilver to translate ) but it does not work.. the Key Commands still work if i punch them in on the keyboard and i tried to remake the connection but no luckk.. any idea why?

in the image below the /1/push1 (keycode 105 / F13) example of whats not working .. basically in this case a button on touchOSC launches iTunes.. appreciate the help.. Jonney x

UPDATE: i got them working but i cant use F13 or F numbers ... i used longer Key Combos Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 11.16.07 AM.jpg ..

• the way i had it set was would be push button to launch and hold down button 1 second to quit the apps.. the hold down works ok for 2 Seconds+ not 1 second as i wanted.. this would be a good update.. small but cool.

• i need that this list of commands loads on startup like the last version.. otherwise i need to go load it which kinda sucks.. the app launches and hides on startup, but i just need it to load THIS or LAST DOCUMENT automatically...

cool, i would love if you have a work around for that last point... j x
    Last edited by J Pad; 10-18-2016, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Hey J,

• the way i had it set was would be push button to launch and hold down button 1 second to quit the apps.. the hold down works ok for 2 Seconds+ not 1 second as i wanted.. this would be a good update.. small but cool.
      I'm sorry I don't understand.
      Do you use the key repeat feature? If so, the delay is not fixed by OSCulator but by the operating system (macOS).

• i need that this list of commands loads on startup like the last version.. otherwise i need to go load it which kinda sucks.. the app launches and hides on startup, but i just need it to load THIS or LAST DOCUMENT automatically...
      I'm surprised, OSCulator automatically opens all documents that were last open.
      It works just fine for me. Is there a behavior that I can reproduce to better understand your problem?
      What macOS version are you using?

Best,
      Cam

Comment

Originally posted by J Pad View Post

Look in System Preferences>General - maybe you need to uncheck Close windows when quitting an app

window startup behaviour.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X