X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSCulator 3 Default Launch Mapping

Hi,

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to have the app open my mapping as soon as it opens.

I see in the previous version it was a simple check box in in general preferences but not, no where to be found.

Please advise!

Thank you
    E

Hi Egroys,

The operating system (macOS) now takes care of that.
    See also this tip from click: https://osculator.net/forum/threads/...ll=1#post10079

Best,
    Cam

Comment

I was experiencing this problem until I found this thread.

I went to System Preferences -> General and unchecked Close Windows When Quitting An App.

It worked great and now OSCulator loads my last edited file. The trouble is that all my apps will now open the last edited file. And what if the last OSCulator file I was working on was a buggy version of something new I was trying? Rebooting or restarting OSCulator would now load this bad file.

I personally prefer the in-app option of having a user-selected OSCulator file auto-loaded. Perhaps option buttons in OSCulator's preferences;

- Open with empty template
      - Default to Operating System load preferences
      - Load the following file on startup...

Thanks for the fix tip!

Comment

Hi Flareless,

Thank for the feedback, as always this invaluable.

OSCulator 2 used have an option to re-open last opened documents. Starting with Yosemite, Apple introduced a new file handling mechanism; OSCulator 3 has adopted this new system.

I understand you would like to opt-in this feature on a per-app basis – namely OSCulator – instead of having to enforce the operating system behavior for all apps. I can think of a preference setting to enable that in OSCulator. In the meantime you can alter this setting yourself by following instructions in this article:
        In our post on how to disable Resume for Safari or other applications in OS X 10.7, several of our commenters pointed out that it isn’t necessary to change the individual app directories perm…

In a nutshell:

Have OSCulator restore last open documents, independently of the macOS setting:
        Code:
        defaults write net.osculator.OSCulator NSQuitAlwaysKeepsWindows -bool true
        Have OSCulator open a new document, but not restore last open documents, independently of the macOS setting:
        Code:
        defaults write net.osculator.OSCulator NSQuitAlwaysKeepsWindows -bool false
        To get rid of this per-app setting (for OSCulator):
        Code:
        defaults delete net.osculator.OSCulator NSQuitAlwaysKeepsWindows

Best,
        Cam

Comment

Working...
        X