Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate OSC message

How can I duplicate an OSC message?
    Is it possible to duplicate the whole message and not the single values of that message?
    If yes how do I do that?

Cheers,
    Balandino.

Hi Balandino,

At the moment you can only duplicate arguments of a message.
    I'm interested to know what you would do with a message duplicate. If you were able to duplicate a whole message, what would you like to do with the duplicate?

Cam

Comment

Hi Camille,

The same with all arguments. Route it to different OSC ports. It's way more practical to route the whole message rather than the single arguments. In environments such as Pd, Max, Processing and many others it's better to receive data in a single message and then unpack it where needed.

Why the duplicate function results delectable when it does not affect Osculator?
      Last edited by balandino_dd; 12-18-2016, 07:28 PM. Reason: wording

Comment

This is a valid point. Another way to achieve the same as you described would be to allow the selection of many OSC targets for OSC routings. Which solution do you think would be best?

In any case, I will note this as a new feature request.

Why the duplicate function results delectable when it does not affect Osculator?
        I'm sorry I did not understand.

Comment

Your solution would be even better because it allows the user not to duplicated the values. I don't know how it's implemented in Osculator but to do so, I edited the code of one of my apps to do so. Doing that saves loads of lines of code

About the duplicate function, here a screenshot which should make things clear:

Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 10.11.20.jpg

Comment

Your solution would be even better because it allows the user not to duplicated the values. I don't know how it's implemented in Osculator but to do so, I edited the code of one of my apps to do so. Doing that saves loads of lines of code
            ok, your suggestion has been added to the requested features list.

About the duplicate function, here a screenshot which should make things clear:
            I can see the Duplicate menu item is enabled, but it should not.
            This is a bug and will be fixed in the next release.
            Thanks for noticing it!

Best,
            Cam

Comment

You are welcome

Best,
              Balandino.

Comment

Working...
              X