Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create 1 midi output making a calculation with output 2 midi inputs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create 1 midi output making a calculation with output 2 midi inputs?

Hi!I'm a VJ of an electronic music band and I want to link some music parameters to video. The DJ works with a Pioneer DJM900nexus and I work with Modul8 on a MacBookPro and an iPad Pro running TouchOSC as a controller using OSCulator. What I would like to do is to take the Pioneer BPM input and multiply it for a result of a calculation of a second pioneer input (ms) and itself.I have connected the Pioneer to MacbookPro trough a MIDI wire and I receive all the MIDI input correctly on OSCulator. I was trying to define the inputs as variables but I don't know how to write the operation and how use the result as a midi output for Modul8.
    Attached Files

Hi Pedre,

I am sorry but there is no way to compose two values with mathematical operation. Instead of multiplying two values, is there a way to have several different scalings of the same input, and choose the active one from another input?

In any case, I will note this as a feature request.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Hi Camille,

I need to do the math operation. I'm thinking to use Pure Data or Max to do the math and send it back to OSCulator. Do you think this could work?

Thanks!

Comment

Yes, it is a great solution.
        If you need resources on how to use PureData and OSCulator, I would highly recommend Rafael Hernandez's tutorials https://youtu.be/rxHIJx-O3iU

Comment

Working...
        X