Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows alternative to OSCulator

Hi Cam and Everyone,

I think we can all agree there's nothing like OSCualtor for ease of use and effectiveness.

But alas, because I'm developing for the Hololens, I need to migrate back to Windows.

Is there anything that can be considered an equivalent to OSCulator for Windows?

What I need to do is take OSC messages, integers and floats, and map them to parameters in Ableton. I've found plugins like Eraser Mice, etc. only have limited parameters they can map. The way to go is to convert to MIDI so you can map with full options of MIDI mapping in Ableton.

Cam, I know you had plans for this at one point. If you ever rebooted your port to Windows, I would lead a crowd funding campaign to make it happen.

Thanks!

Hi Chase,

I really appreciate your support.

Have you tried Bome MIDI Translator?

And as always, a free alternative is the venerable PureData...

Cam

Comment

I came across these possible solutions but nothing is really working consistently for me.
      https://www.julianloehr.de/educational-work/hid-wiimote

I never did get the settings tab to come up like on his page however. which meant I didn't really have good
      access to all of the data. Also I tried this one which at least
      seemed to pair much more successfully but then not so much with my second machine.

Have
      you had any luck with these? I had difficulty getting it working as a wii. It worked as an xbox

controller but that is not what I was after.

the html on this message is going crazy for some reason....

Anyway I would love to hear if you are getting anywhere natively and also about the hololens.
      There is a java library I have yet to try compiling which should work....

Best,
      Robbie

rl@robbiehunsinger.com

Comment

Working...
      X