Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Osculator on one computer with multiple log-ins.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osculator on one computer with multiple log-ins.

I run a music computer lab at Southeastern University. We purchased and downloaded Osculator on 10 computers. Many students use these computers and have their own log-ins. The problem is that Osculator is asking for a purchase on each different log-in even though it has been purchased (multiple sites) for each computer. Dozens of students may use the same computer but with their own log-in. It is unreasonable to require dozens of purchases for one computer. Is there a work around? Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you so much for choosing OSCulator.

You will have some admin work in order to solve this issue, but luckily there is a solution.

Here are detailed instructions on how to activate a license on a computer using the command-line tool (included in OSCulator). The following instructions are for site-wide license deployment, not for your staff computers where obviously you can use the UI to activate your license.

In order to use the command-line tool, you will need some basic knowledge on how to use the Terminal. I hope this is not a problem.

Assuming OSCulator is installed in /Applications, the tool is located in:

/Applications/OSCulator.app/Contents/Helpers/oscltr-license-activator

You can run it with no argument to display the usage options.
    The following examples assume that the current directory is set to the location of the tool.

To activate a license for all users of the local computer:

sudo ./oscltr-license-activator activate <name> <code> local

Replace <name> and <code> with your license credentials. If the name has spaces in it, quote the name with double-quotes, as per shell escape rules. sudo is needed because you need administrator permissions to write in a subfolder of /Library.

To deactivate a previously activated computer:

sudo ./oscltr-license-activator deactivate

I hope these instructions are clear enough, please don’t hesitate to ask for help.
    Also, if you need me to bulk deactivate your existing licenses, just let me know.

Best,
    Camille
    Last edited by camille; 08-23-2017, 10:13 PM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

Working...
    X