Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Issues with Track Focus in Logic Pro X

I have sent you an email, have deactivated as requested.

Hey, I know this is a late reply If you haven't figured out a solution yet, I think I got it. In osculator search for /logic/track/id.
    Once you find that sucker, demux it (Control-D) and you will see all the individual track id's. Then you can map them! That will get you around the 8 channel problem.
    Only bummer is your logic session must remain fixed in regards to the order of the tracks. If you are building this functionality into a template, it's not a deal breaker, you can always add new
    content to the bottom of the session. Hope this helps! Here is an example for TouchOSC and for Lemur https://www.dropbox.com/s/kyde0mo9gt...chOSC.zip?dl=0

Just thought I would share something with you. Stumbled on a solution for recall of Composer Tools Pro presets in Logic through something someone of VIC mentioned.

Rather than using Transformer Objects in the Environment. Using an app called Osculator https://osculator.net

Its an OSC compaible app that can re-route messages. Via a Logic Control Surface plugin it communicates with Logic. I tried using it previously with no success.

However using the steps mentioned here: http://vi-control.net/community/thre.../#post-4120145

Not only does it work, it also seems to recall without using any further steps once I have linked each OSC command in Osculator to a Program Change!

This would probably work for TouchOSC too. Seems the key is using the command /logic/track/name in Osculator.

So now I have a system where tracks can be saved as Patches in Logic and added later as the track name is what Osculator looks for not a Track number or ID. And when I select a track in Logic it auto recalls the correct preset for the articulation Pads in Composer Tools Pro.

Just sharing as maybe its something you can flag up to other users.

Pity for me that the price seems to have changed since I first purchased in March (Only 2 Euros but as I am in the UK the exchange rate has got worse as well)! Had to repurchase as you refunded me back then as at the time thought it would not work for me...

Question Please any assistance would be much appreciated

Hi Camille,

Seems I am writing this post all over again, no idea why it did not post before
    Not a great thing to do at 2AM, 4 hours before I am up for work!

I have run into some issues regarding not being able to choose anything other than 'OSC Message' under the Event Type when using with LPX

My System:
    Mac Pro 2012 12-Core
    macOS 10.12.6 Sierra
    Logic Pro X 10.4 + OSC Plugin for Logic Pro
    OSCulator 3.12
    iPad Air running Lemur 5.3.5 with Composer Tools Pro over USB MIDI (Daemon Port 0)

Other Hardware includes a KOMPLETE KONTROL S49
    Focusrite Saffire Pro 24

My issue:
    As mentioned I am unable to select Event Types other than the one explained
    I was able to manually create my Routing /logic/track/name once and then select 'MIDI Prg' then populate the layout with two tracks, after which I was unable to add more that would allow Event Types other than OSC Message again

I have read the manual set up my system and configured everything correctly as I understand it

I will attach screenshots also

Regards,

Christopher
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Shad0wLandsUK; 02-19-2018 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Improving Post

Hi Chris,

For some reason your post has been automatically moderated, sorry about that; it was just waiting for me to publish it.

Just to be sure I understand correctly:
    You are demuxing the /logic/track/name message in order to trigger a MIDI Prg event respectively to the currently selected track name. Is that right?

Best,
    Cam

Hi Chris,

Can you please confirm what version you are currently using?

Hey Chris, I had the same problem. It has something to do with the latest version of osculator.
    If you roll back to the previous version It works again. The update that is not working was only from a few weeks ago

Hi dbawmp,

Could you please share your problem directly to me and send a quick description to camille at osculator dot net?
    That would be much appreciated, without your feedback it's much more difficult for me to fix things for future versions.

Thanks!
    Cam

PS: I've been able to reproduce Chris' problem, you don't need to send me further description if you think it's exactly the same
    Last edited by camille; 02-19-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Hi Cam,

Yes I confirm I am trying to demux that OSC command and use it to control track focus for my Lemur Composer Tools Pro templates

I am using version: osculator-3.1.2-63-gb9634423

And I was having the issue with the previous version as well though :/

Regards,

Christopher

Hey Joshua, Christopher,

Would you please be so kind to download the beta version available here:
    https://osculator.net/download

This one fixes the issue you are having with demux here.

Best,
    Cam

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast