Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDI note and modwheel

Hi y'all

I'm very late to the party and just started using Touch OSC. BUT I made a really great preset for Digital Performer (if anyone's interested…)
    My question is this: I'm using buttons (multi-pushes actually) for keyswitches in my sample libraries.
    The vienna keyswitches require MIDI notes AND modwheel position (CC1), so traditionally on a MIDI keyboard, you hit a note and move the modwheel to select a sample.

Is there an easy way to have one button to both, ie send a MIDI note message for A0 and at the same time MIDI CC message?

Thanks for replying!

Mark

Hi Mark,

I would duplicate the message on the button and assign a MIDI Note as specified. It's a bit cumbersome but it may work.

To duplicate a message, select the message in the list and choose Edit -> Duplicate. You will notice there's now a new slot for you to assign an Event. In you case the order of the events is important – I understand you want the MIDI note first.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Resolved

Originally posted by camille View Post
      Hi Mark,

I would duplicate the message on the button and assign a MIDI Note as specified. It's a bit cumbersome but it may work.

To duplicate a message, select the message in the list and choose Edit -> Duplicate. You will notice there's now a new slot for you to assign an Event. In you case the order of the events is important – I understand you want the MIDI note first.

Best,
      Cam

Thank you so much, Cam!
      that's the solution I also arrived at. Fortunately I figured out that I could shift-select ALL of my duplicates and assign CC1 to the batch (so, not as cumbersome as expected.)
      Attaching screen shots of my VSL keyswitch pages. They work great!

Cheers
      Mark
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X