Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscilador 3 whiteboard calibration

Hi,
    I'm having problems with calibration and mouse mapping. I have an extended display and perform the calibration on that display correctly. The problem is that when mapping the values "x position" and "and position" to "Mouse" (like "Absolute Move x" and "Absolute Move y") the pointer does not match the calibrated display; The two displays appear to be a single screen. I have tried with another mapping (with midi and with OSC) but the result, on the x axis, does not work either.If, instead of extended, the diplays are duplicated, I also do not get correct results.
    Maybe I have to change something in some configuration ...
    Best regards.

Javi

Hi Javi,

I understand you are trying to move the mouse from a TUIO-calibrated Wiimote.
    When you perform the calibration, do you maximize the calibration window so it fills the entire screen area?

Also, could you please tell what is the version of OSCulator you are using?

Thanks!
    Cam

Comment

Hi Camille,
      Whether I maximize the window on the display that I need or if I stretch it to fit it, the calibration does not correspond to that display, but corresponds to the extended display and the laptop.
      I am in version 3.1.1.
      Thanks.

Javi

Comment

Greetings,

I believe I'm having the same problem as Javi, and am replying to this thread in case the information I provide may be helpful in find a solution. I am using a laptop running macOS 10.11.6, connected to a projector via VGA with thunderbolt adapter. I'm using OSCulator 3.1.1.

When my display prefs treat the laptop screen and projector screen as two separate displays, I run the TUIO calibration and near-maximize the calibration window on the projector screen (I'm not tall enough to reach the very top of the projector screen). The wiimote sees the LED and captures all four corners, and the calibration window closes. In the main OSCulator window, I configure x and y position to trigger Mouse events (absolute move X and absolute move y). However, as Javi mentioned, OSCulator then treats the combined pair of displays as a single screen.

My impression (haven't yet tested exhaustively) is that no matter what size the calibration window is, OSCulator then maps the position on the full projector screen onto the full, combined rectangle of both screens. Perhaps what might "fix" this is to extend the calibration rectangle so that it occupies both screens -- but of course this won't work, because the wiimote is only pointing at the projector screen and won't see two of the corners.

When my display preferences are set to mirror the primary display on the secondary display, I can run the TUIO calibration, but once calibration is complete and I turn on the IR LED, the mouse snaps to the upper left corner of the screen and I am not able to move it any further using the IR pen. On a few occasions the mouse has snapped to the vertical edge of a display, and I've been able to move it up and down, but not left and right.

I'm otherwise very close, and have very smooth data on the graphs using the quick look button. Hoping this issue can be solved -- it's a great feature!

Eli

Comment

Hi Eli,

I'm sorry for the late reply.

The calibration should be done on the display configuration you choose to use. Once calibrated, if the display arrangement changed, the calibration must be done again.

I have recently made progress on mouse handling with regards to mirrored displays. Would you please mind trying the latest build here: https://osculator.net/download/ and choose Beta. This is a fairly stable build that fixes many issues found in version 3.1.2.

Best,
          Cam

Comment

Hi Camile,
            I have tried the new beta but the problem persists. When you try to route to the movements of the mouse the result is not the correct one; on the "y" axis if the result is achieved but on the "x" no.This is what I can say.
            Thank you very much.

Greetings.

Javi

Comment

Working...
            X