Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back-mapping/interpolating data with an Allen Heath dLive??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back-mapping/interpolating data with an Allen Heath dLive??

Hey folks!

So I've run into a thing I seem to be having trouble wrapping my brain around. It's a fairly simple custom setup: I'm making a TouchOSC template that uses Osculator to send/receive data from an ETC ion console, Pro Presenter on a Mac Pro, and our Allen & Heath dLive console.

The idea is that I want to be able to give a tablet to a non-skilled user for some of our smaller shows and have them be able to do things like, next/previous lighting cue, next/previous pro presenter slide. etc. On the dLive side: I've got 12 faders that will require back-mapping, as well as a column of buttons that correspond to specific cue triggers on the desk.

The cue triggers are pretty straight forward - console uses Program Changes that correspond 1:1 for those triggers.

Where I'm having trouble is with the faders.

dLive does not currently communicate by way of OSC, but does use the same midi spec as their GLD:

Better still, the Allen & Heath TCP midi driver allows automatic connection on boot/login, so that's a no-brainer.

Where this gets squirrelly is in the data interpolation. dLive uses these messages for each fader:

Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 8.38.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-25 at 8.38.57 PM.png
    Osculator registers the fader movements no problem, but attributes them to cc99 (ch16 in this case.) I've demuxed that cc and when I move individual faders I get these decimal values.

Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 8.56.34 PM.png
    Each decimal value corresponds to a single fader, however, there is only one state: On while moving, off while not. (The inspector shows those values to be extreme, not a fluid state of motion.)

When I pull up the input inspector I see that the hex strings are coming in as listed in the GLD spec. Do I need to do something in the "Collection," section of the parameter window to interpolate those values into a "parameter," message to be sent as return value?

IE - do I need to make, for instance /midi/cc99/16/0.4960629940032959 (which corresponds to "PT Fader" a meta event that selects a secondary midi event corresponding to those values? (And then Manually create that secondary message?)

Kind of at a loss at how to proceed here. Any help you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated!!

Blessings,

Richard

Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 8.30.01 AM.jpg
    ...for reference! Here's what the Midi string looks like when you move a fader from -inf to +10.

Comment

...Aaaaaand, I just answered my own question with a bit more trolling! Thanks for this other thread!!!

(And the Example, Camille!)

Comment

Hi Richard,

I understand you solved your issue, let me know if you need any further help. Whenever you have to demux something and see decimal value, that's not a good sign.

I'm really impressed with what you are doing, thank you so much for taking the time for this feedback, this is of tremendous value to me.

Best,
        Cam

Comment

Working...
        X