Can the wiimote do 360 degrees yet ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the wiimote do 360 degrees yet ?

Last time used osculator with the wiimote it was to make a sound spatialisation tool to move sounds around a network of speakers. Basically wherever you pointed the wiimote a sound would happen . Back then I remember the wiimote accelrometer only went to 180 degrees - a semicircle. I was wondering if it can do the full 360 degrees yet and if so which version. So I can point to things behind me not just in front of me etc

Hi Gus,

The Wiimote driver is quite stable and has not changed in the last couple of years.
    For that I would suggest you get a Wiimote with Motion Plus, and use the gyroscopes.
    Any recent version of OSCulator (2 or 3) is able to use the gyroscopes.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
      Hi Gus,

The Wiimote driver is quite stable and has not changed in the last couple of years.
      For that I would suggest you get a Wiimote with Motion Plus, and use the gyroscopes.
      Any recent version of OSCulator (2 or 3) is able to use the gyroscopes.

Best,
      Cam

Hi - thanks. However I am not asking how stable it is - I am asking if I can get full 360 degree data (x,y,z) from the Wiimote depending on where you are pointing it ?

Comment

When I say stable, I mean that it did not change for a while.
        Please try the gyroscope from a Wiimote with Motion Plus, this has full 360º data.

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
          Please try the gyroscope from a Wiimote with Motion Plus, this has full 360º data.
          Hi Camille
          I know the "Roll" function (180°) ; but how to access the 360° Gyroscope function please.

Best regards
          Denis

Comment

Hi Denis,

Make sure your Wiimote has the "MotionPlus" label.
            Open the Parameters windows and go to Devices / Wiimote.
            In this panel, check Motion / Attitude angles as shown in this screenshot.

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 09.41.52.jpg

The three modes "Continuous", "Cyclic" and "Infinite" refer to how the value wraps after a turn. To see the effect of that, select a message from a gyroscope axis in OSCulator for example /wii/1/motion/roll, and press Space to display the Quick Look window; then simply roll the Wiimote more than a turn and change the mode to see how it changes.

Best,
            Cam

Comment

Hi Camille
              Thanks so much for answering so quickly and with so much details (you know I'm not very skilled...).

Best regards
              Denis

Comment

Working...
              X