Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDI CC messages?

Hi,

I am trying to set up a MIDI controller with motorized faders to control a program that uses OSC.

I have successfully arranged for a button on the controller to generate an OSC message targeting the software, and the resulting message shows up in the monitor pane when it is set to "Outgoing".

Similarly, when the program generates an OSC message that should move a fader on the controller, the fader moves, and the resulting messages show up in the monitor.

However, when I move the fader on the controller, OSCulator is not generating the corresponding OSC message to send to the software, and I'm at a loss as to why.

The little indicator "light" next to the MIDI CC message in the window lights up, and the incoming MIDI data registers in the "Incoming" monitor, but the OSC message does not show up in the "Outgoing" monitor.

The "Event Type" is set to "OSC Message" and the "Value" is pointing to a message routing which as far as I can tell is set up correctly. Even if I point it to the routing which is working for the button, the message does not get generated.

What am I missing?

Thank you!

Hold up, I stand corrected - I just tried the routing from the button again and it worked now for the fader.

It is apparently an issue with the routing.

I just figured it out - the number to the side is not unique to the routing but identifies the destination. I had it pointing to one that was not set up.

When I fixed that it started working.

Sorry for the extraneous post!

Comment

Working...
    X