High Sierra Not Receiving Key Combos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Sierra Not Receiving Key Combos

I just started using OSCulator but it seems that I can't send Key Combos to my DAW. Sending Keycodes works fine and sending Key Combos with a single keystroke works fine, however, sending a combination of keys (CTRL-Z for example) fails to send any keys to the DAW.

Is this a known issue with High Sierra? If so is there a work-around (single keys are not an option for me)

Hello Flareless,

This is the first report I received regarding Key Combos and High Sierra, thank you for letting me know.

Could you please tell me what DAW you are using?
    I will perform some further test to see what is happening.

Also, I would be curious to know how you configured your Key Combos. More specifically, if you could send your OSCulator file to camille at osculator dot net, that would be very useful.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Hi Cam,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've just started using OSCulator and it looks great!

The DAW I'm using is Reaper (v5.70). As a first, simple project I'm setting up an iPad with TouchOSC. The screen has a number of pushbuttons. My first goal is to get these pushbuttons sending keystrokes to Reaper.

I was able to make a button send the keystroke "M" to Reaper which caused a marker to appear (yay!). After seeing the marker I thought I'd change the button from a Keycode to a Key Combo and send CTRL-Z to undo my marker.

Nothing sent.

Then I remembered a thread I read earlier today on this forum mentioning a problem with Sierra and Key Combos. I switched the Key Combo from sending "CTRL-Z" to "M" (hey... it worked once : ) and another marker appeared indicating the key made it through.

I've stopped work on my small project until I can figure out a resolution to the problem.

Ultimately I'd like to be able to send Reaper's action commands or OSC commands (Reaper is OSC compatible) but I have a way to go before I can do that.

I'm happy to email my OSCulator file. You find a lot of buttons but only one that has an associated command. I'll send the file after I post this message.

Are there any OSCulator tutorials or anything pertaining particularly to Reaper?

Thanks again for your help!

Rich

Comment

Ok there is NO PROBLEM with OSCulator and High Sierra. User error as usual.

The Pushbuttons I was using did not have the Send on Release option checked which caused OSCulator to read the high value (1) and then just sit there. Checking the box in TouchOSC then sending the new file to my iPad fixed the problem.

Thanks again for your help Cam!

Comment

Working...
        X