Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XTouch i- OSCulator - atemOSC - ATEM Software Control - LED Toggle

Hi All,

I'm new to this MIDI game and wondering if someone can help, had a good look and can't see anyone else ask this question.

Please help.

I bought a Xtouch mini to work with my Blackmagic switcher, I'm using OSCulator to talk to atemOSC that talks to ATEM Software Control that drives the switcher,
    I've been able to set different buttons to control the switcher, which is great!

However when I press a button it lights (when pressing) then goes off when not pressed,
    what I would like to be able to do is keep the led on to show the button has been pressed, then go off only when another button has been pressed,
    it would be best if I could get a msg back from the switcher saying it's been pressed but I'm not sure if possible with the switcher.

Is there a way to get the button to toggle?
    When I make a "new template from selection" and it shows up in the message column and then I go to add an event in the "Event type" I only can choose "OSC message" "mappings" "variable" "console log", the full list is not there including "MIDI CC Toggle"
    The full list only shows under "pitch","velocity","Trigger" under the main input from the device "/mid/note/11".
    I can add the "MIDI CC Toggle" under here but this also only talks to some of the Leds, the led I want to control is in MIDI note (example) G#-2

I'm sure it's something I missed.

Please help
    Thanks

I thought I had the answer to your question yesterday (while I was waiting for my account to be verified) but I think I might not anymore. However here's some things that I've found out

The full X-Touch requires an outgoing midi signal that is the same note as incoming signal from the controller to light up. The button needs a constant signal to keep it lit. In theory you would have to trigger an outgoing midi signal back to your x-touch mini off of the incoming midi signal fired from your button. I don't know how to keep it permanently lit up I'm still learning myself

Comment

HEY! I have a solution for you through a loophole I just found! It's a little labor intensive but I just tested it for me and it works!

Go to this post I just made https://osculator.net/forum/threads/...-a-bug-Feature

I use that method to turn my lights on and off when pressed as well as fire an OSC message. But I just realized that you can use this to fix your issue too

Here is an example I made that works on my board using midi templates

*Just in case you don't know your midi notes are entered as a series of numbers. If you trigger a MIDI input you can see it's numerical value in the monitor at the bottom. This is how I learned what MIDI numbers are what

First click Parameters (Gear in top right corner) then go to midi templates and create a midi template like I did with the same things checked and set (you can use whatever input you want)
      Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 2.06.49 AM.png

You need to also make an off that turns off every button except it's own. So you can see that "90 03" "D# -2" is not in the list for off
      Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 2.06.55 AM.png

Then test it by creating a second template that turns on a different note
      Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 2.07.04 AM.png

and turns off every other note except it's own (all the other buttons in your row)
      Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 2.07.10 AM.png

then use my method and test to make sure that they work the right way. The button you press should turn on and the other ones should turn off. There is probably an easier way to do this but it works perfect for me
      Last edited by Fornez; 02-03-2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

ACTUALLY I just figured out better what I figured out. So ignore my post I linked to

Simply Click on the note you want and then hit command-d, this will duplicate the button and you can assign a second function to it. Then use the message MIDI template method I have above. Again there might be another way to do it but I can confirm that the above works

Comment

Hi, is that anyone mind to share the step by step to get the X-touch mini light keep on ? Im using it with my Blackmagic ATEM studio HD.

Comment

Help please: Behringer X-Touch Mini, atemOSC, OSCulator, and BMD switcher

Originally posted by Fornez View Post
            ACTUALLY I just figured out better what I figured out. So ignore my post I linked to

Simply Click on the note you want and then hit command-d, this will duplicate the button and you can assign a second function to it. Then use the message MIDI template method I have above. Again there might be another way to do it but I can confirm that the above works
            Hi Fornez, could you help me with OSCulator please?

I can't seem to get past the first few steps of setting my atem w/ the behringer x touch mini. For example, I followed the steps on a video to create the Cam 1 Program label but it won't show up in the "message" window. I pressed the first top button on the x touch mini controller, and in OSCulatar I hovered over the "on" midi note in the "monitor" window, selected "new midi template from selection," and followed the naming convention on my bmd switcher. Despite all this, I don't see Cam 1 Program as a unique midi event in the "message" window, all I see is the same midi events (even pressing different buttons I see the same midi events):
            /midi/cc9/11
            /midi/note/11
            0: patch
            1: velocity
            2: trigger?

Please help

Comment

Working...
            X