I discovered a bug? Feature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I discovered a bug? Feature?

I'm programming my 450$ Behringer X-Touch to become a 10,000$ ETC Ion Console and it's working! That's right! This app is amazing so thank you, I just started learning this yesterday and I already have a pretty good grasp of things. I'm gonna make another post about it later

I have successfully programmed my buttons on the X-Touch to light up when pressed and also send an OSC message through a "loophole" using Demultiplexes (maybe)

Here is my setup
    Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 12.49.58 AM.png
    If you look at >1 you see two separate types of commands coming from it when there should only be 1 type of command.

Here is the sequence I used

1. Start off with your midi note
    0.png
    2.Then click one of your parameters (I'm using velocity) and press ctrl d. Then trigger your midi input (in my case push the button)
    2.png

3.next click 1 and press ctrl d again and trigger your midi input again
    4.png

4.You can see that the only event type for that is "OSC messages"
    5.png

5.It is the same with the "1" above it. I want to trigger a midi input and an OSC message with one button and it's not possible
    6.png

6.BUT, if you go back to #2 and change the event type to anything available (In my case my "MIDI template" I created via MIDI message)
    8.png

7.AND THEN trigger your midi input and you get this!
    9.png

8.And then you can add an OSC command above it
    10.png

It seems that this is not intended because when I click on MIDI message, MIDI message is not even an option. It's only OSC message, if I change it to OSC message I can't change it back to MIDI message

I think that it should be possible to do what I did without that loophole
    Last edited by Fornez; 02-03-2018, 09:31 AM.
Working...
X