Problems With CC Events From Lemur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems With CC Events From Lemur

I am trying to trigger Logic Pro X Key Commands using Pads in a Lemur template. These Pads only output CC so I have managed to capture a Pad outputting a CC# on a specific channel.

So far so good. Then I have created a Key Combo in Osculator from this captured message.

So I test the button in Lemur, first time I use it it performs the action the key command is set to trigger. Works fine.

But after that it no longer works, I can see the CC coming into Osculator but the message is no longer triggering into Osculator.

If I wait a few minutes, it works again but only momentarily.

Have tried in Osculator 3.1.2 and the 3.2 Beta. Using Logic Pro 10.4, Lemur on iPad via an iConnect Midi device.

Hi procreative,

What does OSCulator receive when you press the pad, and when you release it? Could you please monitor this?

To trigger a Key Combo, you would typically need a MIDI CC message whose value goes from 127 (keys pressed) to 0 (keys depressed). From you description, I undestand that you pad only output a single CC value, and that's all; the result would be that the Key Combo would be on, but never off.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
      Hi procreative,

What does OSCulator receive when you press the pad, and when you release it? Could you please monitor this?

To trigger a Key Combo, you would typically need a MIDI CC message whose value goes from 127 (keys pressed) to 0 (keys depressed). From you description, I undestand that you pad only output a single CC value, and that's all; the result would be that the Key Combo would be on, but never off.

Best,
      Cam
      I think I might have solved it. I found another post that said the same thing as you and it gave me a clue that the button needed to output 127 and 0, once I added the second action to the pad it seemed to work.

Comment

Sounds great.

Another way to do it is to “demux” the received message, but the way you did gives more control.

Comment

Working...
        X