X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osculator Not Triggering Key-Combo

Hi!

Please excuse the newbie question!

I am using Osculator, triggered by TouchOSC on my iPad, into my Mac Pro.

I’m able to connect between them reliably.

Osculator reads every button-push from the iPad-running-Touch OSC (see the log-image below), but it doesn’t output the message to my software reliably?

It will do it once, but then not again after that.

As a test, I’m pushing a button (609 according to the log) from my iPad. It's triggering a key combo in Osculator. The key-combo tells the Mac Pro to play a key-combo macro in Keyboard Maestro.

It will trigger the key-combo once, but then not again.

In the mapping window, on the far-left next to the check-mark is a little box, which seems to be a test button?

If I hit that, I’m able to trigger the key-combo once, but not again.

Osculator is definitely getting the message from the iPad, as I see the button-push in the log window every time I hit the button on the iPad.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Attached Files

Hi !

The problem is shown in the last screenshot: your button only sends the value 1.0 (never 0.0).
    The button has to be released in order to trigger an event.

Also, the screenshot with the list of Key Combos shows that the key combo will be sent only to the frontmost application. Maybe this is the desired behavior? I would recommend setting the default target to Keyboard Maestro.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

That's it !!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Comment

You're welcome

Comment

Working beautifully now!

And thank you, what a FABULOUS application / system / invention!

I've only scratched the surface, but already I see so many creative possibilities.

Comment

Working...
          X