converting MIDI data to OSC data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting MIDI data to OSC data

I have a kieth McMillen Softstep that I'm using to control parameters on a guitar fx processor.
    I'm using the Softstep Advanced editor to get the messages to the FX processor but I would also like to have visual feedback as to what the pedal levels and switch states are.

The flow would be Softstep -> Softstep Editor (sending MIDI 0 - 127) via OSC -> OSCulator (where conversion would take place??)-> Lemur Meters (receiving converted MIDI data as OSC data)

Any pointers?

Hi Danny,

The Softstep controller acts as a MIDI device, so it can natively control OSCulator without having to run the Softstep Editors software.

In OSCulator, open the Parameters window, choose the Devices tab and then MIDI. In the Inputs table you should be able to select your device and receive relevant MIDI messages.

Once you can see MIDI messages registered in OSCulator's main window, you can forward them as OSC messages to Lemur. How to create OSC messages is explained in the manual, but if you need specific details on how to do that, please let me know I'll be happy to explain.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Working...
    X