Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to send Integer argument to x32. Keep getting i = 0

Hey folks!

I'm trying to do a very basic thing: send midi cc out of Live Professor into Osculator, then have osculator send /-action/gosnippet, i 1 (or 2,3,4,5,6.) ...basically I want a specific value for i for each velocity value of midi cc 80.

I've tried replacing "arguments," with "argument at index," and selecting a specific index value for that output, but it keeps sending out /-action/gosnippet, i 0

What am I missing here? Screen caps attached.

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 1.54.42 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2018-10-26 at 1.54.33 PM.jpg

Hi Richard,

Could you please describe the mapping between the values of MIDI CC 80 and the OSC integer argument?

"Argument at index" means the n-th argument of the received message. Since it is a MIDI CC message, there is always a single arguments, at the zero-th index. Therefore your output messages will always have one argument with a dummy value, like 0.

If you are ok using demuxing (which is not really recommended here), you could simply add an integer argument to your messages by literally typing it in the OSC message editor, and choose "as integer" to make sure the OSC argument is sent as an integer (see screenshot).

Screenshot 2018-10-29 11.55.33.jpg

Otherwise, I would not use demuxing, define only a single OSC route and play with scalings to matching input (MIDI CC) and output (OSC) values.

Let me know if that helps!

Cam

Comment

Ah, that makes complete sense. Thank you! I did end up demuxing cc velocity just to get through that particular show. I still had to fiddle with the scaling to get the five or six cues to fire that I needed linked. Thanks so much for the suggestions. I'll play around with defining specific integer values as an argument for the next round!

Blessings,

Richard

Comment

Working...
      X