Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Momentary Wacom mouse control via tablet key press?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momentary Wacom mouse control via tablet key press?

Hello new forum (and Hi Cam!!!)

I have a question:

Is it possible to somehow use a button on a Wacom tablet to momentarily toggle mouse control event types for absolute x, absolute y, and left click for pen/x, pen/y, and pen/button/1 respectively? I know I can just hit the capslock button to disengage OSCulator, but I thought it might be nice to control this from a tablet button for momentary mouse control.

I thought about achieving this through preset switching in OSCulator, but the preset switching binding only allows for incremental switching of the presets, and it's not momentary. So, I can't enable mouse control via the pen only while I press and hold one of the tablet buttons; I would have to press one button to increment to next preset, and then another button to reverse back to the previous preset.

Any thoughts on how I can make this work?

Hi!

This is the first post on the forum congratulations :-)

Yes, the solution would be to provide an event in order to activate/deactivate mouse control from the Wacom tablet, but still send OSC messages.

Caps-Lock would still be the main "big switch" to turn on and off the Wacom to OSC driver, but this event would reactivate mouse control temporarily.

Is that what you were thinking?

If yes, I'll add it to the todo list.

By the way, I forgot to mention it in the release notes, but emulating the Mouse form Wacom data within OSCulator doesn't work very well. The mouse position is jerky, and I fear there not a lot I can do about it.

Best Regards,

Cam

Comment

Hiya Cam,

Yes, this new event type which you describe would be most welcome, especially considering that using another mouse device to change onscreen parameters in Plogue Bidule at the same time as the Wacom pen is touching/hovering over the tablet is still problematic

This new event type would allow users to dive into/out of "mouse capture" mode quickly to make onscreen changes if need be.

Cheers,

Scott

Comment

auwwkay !

that's on the todo list

:-)

Comment

Working...
        X