Monone users (??!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he he, have a good time.
    for the button, just change your layout to use a toggle button.

Comment

camille hello again, hope you had a great weekend.

im still working on this 2/3 of the progress already worked out.

heres the deal:

i have already set up the toggle buttons (i duplicated the entry of the button, left the first one with the osc routing and the second one i used meta events/enable toggle events

im now into the led situation.

i enabled osc out within resolume's mapping but when i push the button to send the address , osculator wont receive anything (it did before, when i had my port setup the other way (the wrong one) i just want to make clear that resolume will not send osc messages while performing actions. it has a osc send button enabled in order to test addresses.))

osc port out in resolume is 7001 , osculator is receiving in that port. now, messages from monome's serialio are coming in into the same port, i dont think there should be a problem with this, im not opening another port, its 2 apps sending to osculator through 7001.

Any advise?

Comment

camille i did further research and the message coming out from resolume problem got fixed, it was my bad, software config.

now im not sure what parameters should i write for sending back message to serial io , monome documentation says syntax is the following:

to monomeserial

led

/40h/led [x] [y] [state]
        state: 1 (on) or 0 (off)
        example:

/40h/led 0 5 1

but...... osculator seems to use a different syntax, using slashes ////

im just one step behind. ive tried using 40hz/led/ 7/7 40hz/led 7 7 with no success. than uref thing confuses me.

Comment

Hey Ziordiko,

It seems you have enabled the 'automatic OSC back-mapping', but in your case it won't work because message have been demuxed. I would advice that you deactivate this feature as it makes things more complicated to understand.

The solution is simple:
          • In the Value column, choose "New …", and edit the new OSC Routing.
          • In the Routing editor, enter /40hz/led in the rewrite address.
          • In the argument tokens field, simply write the arguments: press 0, then space, then press 5.
          • The last argument is the LED state of the button, which I believe must match the input argument. Just drag the arg[0] token. This means that when the message is received, it will replace this token with the value of the argument at index 0 (the first argument).

Best,
          Cam
          Last edited by camille; 11-29-2010, 09:32 PM.

Comment

thanks for that help . almost there!!!! still struggling.

followed your advise and had to do a couple of toggles for the button. one for the software /press, and one for the hardware /led. button lights up, and stays that way untill i press it again. (ON/OFF STATE button is OK. up to this point the problem would be solved -CHEERS- if i was using maybe other software or if i was trying to do something else within resolume).

i wish i had a better english to make myself clear(er) :

the issue is this. resolume effects do not have an on and off button , when an effect is applied to a layer/composition/clip its has an automatic ON state and has a button to BYPASS it . .... my goal at the beginning is to have several effects assigned to my monome (different button mappings will follow) , in my composition ALL effects will be bypassed as default. by pressing a button in my monome i want an effect to work but i want the visual feedback. so far ive managed to create the toggle on/off buttons , but the way it is right now i would have all my monome lights ON and the current working effect with led OFF. this will reduce significantly leds life so i want it the other way.

-i want my monome to light up whilst turning bypass off in resolume-

thanks in advance
            Last edited by ziordiko; 11-29-2010, 10:54 PM.

Comment

cam any ideas for the above?? any way to keep the button led state inverted ?

sorry to bother again

Comment

Sorry Ziordiko,
                I was away for a couple of days.

If I understand well, you would like to press a button and have its value held until you press it again.
                I think this might be possible in OSCulator, but it would be very tedious to do it correctly. You setup is already quite complicated, so I don't think you'd want to go that way.

However, if you want to invert the state of something, you can do it by swapping the values in the scaling page. For example, swap Output min and Output max values (input min=0, max=1, output min=1, max=0).

The problem with the monome is that it is so basic, you can't configure a single button to make it a toggle instead of a latch. In the end, this is perhaps not the best control surface for what you want to do. On the other, hand you might want to add complexity that will be solved with a program like PureData or Max.

Comment

Working...
                X