Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Dracula,

Sorry for the late reply.

In my opinion, Logic has a counter-intuitive MIDI CC assignment scheme. It actually relies on GM specification, meaning that you should choose the right CC numbers to have meaningful assignments. I have not tested yet, but I think you should choose CC 7 (Volume in General MIDI specification) and Logic will configure the control exactly as you want.

I will get back to you after I tried …

Best,

Cam

Comment

No reason for an apology, thank you for your quick response!

This does indeed work, and worthy of a registration fee for the development cause.

I\'ve allot of questions tho, regarding the x/y pad and getting that to work with both the cut off and resonance indenpent of each other. (up, down, or left, right for cut off and resonance perimeters.) Example; like the way Noise.IO behaves with it\'s assingments, or using an ES2 with a mouse, or novaton controller.

Or even better is it possible to get the x/y pad to tweak the oscilator mixer of an ES2?

Maybe I should start a new thread completely devoted to the education of using this great app, and learning it\'s workarounds in Logic? A search friendly, reference thread for those of us getting to know it?

I have so many questions, thank you so much for answering!

Registering right now!

Comment

Hey funk,

Thanks for your support!

Yes, please start a new thread for each subject you want to discuss.

I\'m sure it will be worthwhile for every other members.

FYI, I am working on a new website where I\'ll try to provide a much better documentation (cf this post i wrote recently).

Best,

Cam

Comment

Hi!

I´ve also got problems, getting Signals from Logic back to touch osc.

Honestly i don´t know, what the channels are all about.

but anyway i tried out your instructions and it didn´t work.

even the normal volume faders don´t move (in touchosc)

sending works great.

In my example:

I tried to get a signal from the master fader.

I opened the beatmachine.oscd and assigned it to a fader.

I looked, which one answers (where the green light flashes) and have this settings:

event type: midi cc; value: cc7; channel: 1

But i don´t get anything back from logic.

Thanks!

Comment

Hey Ionas,

I think I managed to get something back from Logic to TouchOSC. I am really sorry that Logic isn\'t a nice player as Live, but I will try to work specifically on this.

I am away from home right now, but I promise I will have a look in the next couple of days and try to give a more detailed answer to everybody that would like to use Logic alongside TouchOSC.

Best,

Cam

Comment

I spent the whole day trying to get this working and i have got a little success

Maybe you can send me your email adress and i´ll send you a screenshot.

I get signals out of logic and the lights flash green in the osculator but i can´t transfer the signal to my iPhone.

I actually don´t know, what to set up in the event type. it suggests osc routing and the target is my iphone to, but no reaction.

Thanks for your fast answer!

Comment

my address is camille at osculator dot net.

FYI, normally if you first set up a outbound message from TouchOSC to Logic, OSCulator will take care of automatically routing inbounds messages from Logic to TouchOSC.

Cam

Comment

Man I´m such a fool!

It works perfectly ^^

The mistake i made was putting the cable from the instrument to the channel and not the other way!

So it works with the volume.

Do you think every other signal (instrument parameters) from the channel is set to this instrument too?

And do i have to create a single instrument for every channel or is one at the master enough?

I ask this, because i wouldn´t understand if one´d be enough if you have 2 times the same instrument for example, but honestly i don´t know how the program differs the channels.

Does it automatically send the signal back to the fader for example you configured previously?

I hope you know what i mean ^^

Comment

Cool to hear that is it working.

I am wondering if it is possible to control a plugin, I guess so, but I don\'t have an answer yet. I am unfortunately no environment guru, and I believe this is a nice skill to have when you want to control Logic.

I will try to do some research on that subject and write a tutorial on the subject since there is a lot of people wondering how to use oscltr with logic.

Comment

Hey camille!

I can´t get it working again ...

I can controll via touch osc but i don´t get a signal back ..

The fader i wanted to controll is just the volume fader of channel one.

Logic is able to send various stuff to oscltr but i cant get it working although the lights are flashing green in Oscltr.

I also recognized, that something i sent to my iphone but not the right thing.

I uploaded a screenshot. maybe you can find the mistake, i made.

Regards

Screenshot:

Quickpost this image to Myspace, Digg, Facebook, and others!

Comment

Hello Ionas,

I would suggest you delete the messages in oscltr that star with
                        Code:
                        /midi/cc
                        and touch the controls in the iPhone application. It looks like those messages are misconfigured.

Make sure you have your iPhone application launched (TouchOSC ?) before you do that.

Please let me know if it works!

Best,

Cam

Comment

Hi everyone,

There is a new tutorial on how to use TouchOSC with Logic Pro.

You can find it here : http://www.osculator.net/dw/tutorial:start.

Best,

Camille

Comment

Working...
                          X