Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osculator and Logic Studio

Hello,

Your application seems sooo cool i'd like to make a donation, but kinda like to use it first. I'm have trouble using my iphone, osculator and logic. Osculator receive data from Touch Osc but when i do the learn assignment in logic... nothing. It doesn't even receives Midi from Osculator. What should i do please ?

Hello rapfeller,

Please let me go back from tour, and I'll answer your question in more details!

Best,

Cam

Comment

Hey I'm back :-)

For Logic, you simply have to follow the steps described in the Live tutorial in order to connect TouchOSC to OSCulator and map the MIDI control change messages.

Then, you can use the MIDI Learn function of Logic, by hitting Command-L, touch the button you want to control in your plugin, and send a message from TouchOSC.

There is a web page here (http://logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=432) that explains that feature. I will eventually write a small tutorial for Logic as well.

I hope it helps.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Oh well, it is not easy as I thought.

I thing to mention:

When you manage to get a control learned by Logic, you will have to go in the Expert view, select the newly assigned parameter and change the options in the Value pane:

- Format : Unsigned

- Mode: Scaled.

This way it will work as expected.

For the problem you described in your post, I am not sure why Logic doesn't even receive message from OSCulator, but it should work out of the box. Logic normally listens to all MIDI interfaces available. You can see it receives MIDI message in the transport bar, there is a MIDI activity monitor.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Hey ! just got your messages. I'm going to try as you say. Thank you !

Comment

Unfortunately it doesn't work... I've tried as you said, even put Osculator out in MIDI input from the controller assignment in Logic, but nothing. There is any routing to do in Osculator like in "Event Type" or "Value" in order to help it communicate with Logic ?

Comment

i find it interesting that if i touch my USB keyboard, it instantly recognizes it and assign it to the control in question...

Comment

Hi rapfeller,

Have you assigned MIDI Control Changes in the Event Type column?

Cam

Comment

Hey guys, just to break in on this post... I have TouchOSC and OSCulator running on my current rig and I quite often use Logic and Live together with ReWire, and that works ok.

I get the basic midi in to both Logic and Live, but for some reason, things like the

xy pad(cutoff and resonance in Live, its almost impossible to get that right)

Master volume (it goes ok in Live but not Logic)

and start/stop (transport bar) in Logic, wont react the way i want it, if fact, not at all. Volume is a general problem in Logic. And the sync back from Live is not responding to well.

Can you guys help? Is there templates that sorts these things out?

EDIT: Sorted the xy pad (solo row tip)

Comment

Okey, to reply on my own post

I got xy and master on both Logic and live to work, but i cant figure out how to engage the transport bar in Logic (start stop rewind) Any clue how to link this up to OSCulator?

Yeh, and a buggy thing: to get mute to work in proper manner (16mix) you have to learn twice, one for "on" and one for "off".. In Live this aint no issue. Any clue?

Comment

Hey buschmann,

About the transport bar: I don't know if it is possible to assign a custom MIDI control to engage the transport. I would suggest you assign a specific keycode (space bar?) in OSCulator, and tell OSCulator to send the key commands to Logic (check out the Parameters window). That should do the trick while we find a better solution.

About the 16mix buttons: are you sure you are not using a toggle button ? Oh well, Live so much better. Sorry for the problems you're having in Logic.

You can always send by email me your oscd and logic file so I can try to sort that out on my computer.

Best,

Cam

Comment

The trick with keystorkes worked like a charm!

About the midi toggle buttons. Neither way it wont work with just one learn..

Here is how i go step by step:

Code:
                        Mark mute on fadebank 2 - +L - press /2/toggle1(16mix) (set to midi cc22) on iPhone - learn mode off.
                        http://bildr.no/view/310010

What follows is that i have to press twice to mute on, and twice to mute off.

This is annoying, even with OSCulator /2/toggle1 set to midi cc toggle, the result is the same.

I have to teach Logic Studio twice:

Code:
                        Mark mute on fadebank 2 - +L - press /2/toggle1 (set to midi cc22) - learn mode off. - Learn mode on - press /2/toggle1 again - learn mode off.
                        Then it workes the way i expect: One push on, one push off.

http://bildr.no/view/310017

Is there a easyer way to do this?... Thanks so far, and merry christmas to all!

Comment

That was it ! the Midi CC... it rocks ! i probably gonna register now... thanks

Comment

Same problem here for the Mute in Logic... I have to push twice for mute and un-mute

Comment

Hey raphfeller,

I know about this problem.

I think the problem lies in TouchOSC's toggle button. I will talk to Rob to see if there is not something we can do about it.

The trick you found seems to be the only workaround for the moment with Logic …

Merry Christmas !

Cam

Comment

Working...
                              X