X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He he I think I found a solution !

If you look at page 449 of Logic Studio's Users Manual :
    <blockquote>

- Val(ue): Value of the controller. Continuous controllers have a range of 0 to 127.

Switch controllers (CC#64—CC#90) transfer two states: off (val = 0) and on (any value

between 1 and 127).
    </blockquote>

Just choose a MIDI CC of value higher or equal to cc64, and your toggle button will work as expected …

Best,

Cam

Comment

I have only tried a quick test, but still the same result as before... I will test more later.

Workaround will have to do till a proper fix is ready :-)

Thanks so far! Love the support! Thats why i actualy pay for software!

Comment

too bad, I think I have another idea in stores, but that will be for the next version of OSCulator … keep in touch.

Comment

Hi,

I have the same problem as the OP but for Ableton Live as well.

OSCulator is getting the messages from my 3G 2.2 iPhone using TouchOSC happily and using the template for Mix16 the yellow lights register. Unfortunately, neither Live nor Logic receive messages from OSCulator despite using the correct settings as far as I can tell.

I have ProRemoteLE working (just about) with Logic.

I will purchase OSCulator when I can get it working.

All the best,

Paul C.

Apple Certified Logic Pro Trainer

MBP 2.2 OSX.5.6

Live 6.0.11

Logic Pro 8.0.2

Comment

Hi Paul,

There should be no problem sending MIDI CC messages from OSCulator to Live.

First, you have to check that OSCulator receives messages from TouchOSC. If that is the case, you must assign to those messages, a MIDI CC event to start with, for example cc0.

Once you know OSCulator is receiving messages (the light is blinking either yellow or green if you have assigned a MIDI CC), you can now connect OSCulator to the DAW.

In Logic, this is pretty straightforward, there is a MIDI activity monitor in the transport bar that will tell you wether MIDI messages are received or not.

In Live you have to activate first the OSCulator Out and OSCulator In virtual MIDI interfaces, or Live won't deem to listen to the application.

If you still have problems with Live or Logic, there must be either a problem with your configuration, or a bug in OSCulator, which is possible but hardly because MIDI ports code has been refined since a long time.

Please get in touch with me directly, in the case you still can't find a solution and we'll make it work. It will involve taking a look at your computer's configuration, and you Audio MIDI Setup.

Best Regards,

Cam

Comment

I have it working perfectly now. My mistake. The manual is very clear. I was being an idiot with my cc numbers.

Great work.

Cheers,

Paul.

Comment

thanks paul, this is very kind of you mentioning it is actually working.

Comment

Hello,

i use logic, mainstage, itouch, touchOSC & osculator.

Then i have a problem. I can control logic or mainsage with my itouch, it's clear for me. But i can't control my itouch with logic. For exemple i want that when i move au fader on logic with my mouse that move automaticaly the fader on TouchOSC on my iTouch.

If you have a solution please explain me.

Best.

Yann

Comment

Do you have an idea to resolve my problem?

Thanks

Comment

Salut Yann,

I have read your post, and will help you asap.

Cam

Comment

ok, thank you

Comment

Hi Yann,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Logic works a bit differently than Live, and is clearly less easier to use.

For a MIDI Track in Logic:

If you want to control the Volume fader of a track, first assign MIDI CC 7 to a fader message coming from TouchOSC. It should automatically send a message back to OSCulator which will configure the correct route back to TouchOSC.

The MIDI CC number 7 is chosen because it is the General MIDI standard for track volume.

For an Audio or Software Instrument in Logic:

This is a bit more complicated, but ok.

- In Logic, open the Environment window (Window->Environment).

- In that window, make sure the selected view is 'Mixer'

- Pop-up the 'New' menu, and choose Instrument.

- Select the new item, and change its MIDI channel to the desired channel, say 2

- You can also choose "OSCulator In" as a MIDI input, but that's only if you want to restrict the MIDI output of Logic to that particular instance of OSCulator.

- In OSCulator for the fader message you want, assign MIDI CC 7, and channel 2.

The use of a MIDI instrument in the Environment enables you to send MIDI messages from actions on a track.

I hope this answers your question.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Not really camille, but thanks to try.

In fact i want to control touosc on my itouch with logic.

It works fine in the other way (touchosc control perfectly logic fader, mute and others plugin parameters with any CC number, not 7 at all).

but i want to it's logic who control my touchosc. Because for exemple, when i open a session in logic and faders are not the same position in logic and in touchosc it's not good for me.

You understand? It's not easy for me to speak in english. Can we speak in french?

j'explique en français: j'aimerai que par exemple quand j'ouvre une nouvelle session sur logic, les faders de touchosc prennent la même position que ceux de logic. Et donc que quand je bouge un fader avec ma souris dans logic ça fasse bouger le fader de touchosc correspondant.

merci beaucop pour ton aide.

Yann

Comment

This is what I just explained.

I am getting in touch with you by email to help you in French :-)

Comment

I'm also having trouble making this work in Logic.

I've opened the OSCulator Mix 16 template, and assigned MIDI CC as the event type. I have a solid connection with my iphone, all the lights blink when I move a fader in OSCulator.

I open up an ES2 on an instrument track and tweak one of the cut off knobs, then hit command L to learn the parameter. Format is "unsigned" and Mode is "scaled." Nothing.

What am I overlooking? I know this works for other people browsing through this forum, but I am missing something obviously. Thank you in advance!

Comment

Working...
                                X