Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are multiple Wiimotes supported?

Hello,

I don't have any wiimotes to try this out for myself . It would be much appreciated if somebody could tell me the number of wiimotes that can be connected and concurrently used with the OSCulator.

Cheers,

Ewan

Eight of them, for now.

Comment

Hi Ewan,

Ugo's answer is close but not accurate :-)

There are in effect 8 slots you can use to remember settings for 8 individual Wiimotes. However, you can have up to 6 Wiimotes connected at the same time.

I had a detailed report from a user, that managed to connect 4 Wiimotes easily, the 5 and 6 taking more and more time to correctly connect. It is not possible to connect a seventh Wiimote.

If you want to use more Wiimotes, you can use several computers, on which you will spread the Wiimotes connection. Each computer would run OSCulator and forward with OSC the data to one another computer (one computer can both handle a set of Wiimotes, and receive data from another computers if needed).

The maximum number of Wiimotes in this configuration is not known, I think there could be some radio interferences which would limit this strategy.

Best,

Cam

Comment

I have "only" three Wii-mote, I've only reported what I've seen somewhere into the OSCulator interface...;-)

Comment

Working...
        X