Raw IR Calibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw IR Calibration

Is there a way to calibrate the output of the Raw IR? I use a projector with a program called Touche to implement simple multitouch interaction with Quartz Composer, VDMX, and Ableton Live, but I would like to use only Osculator because I send Touche osc output through it to route to various programs. The only reason for Touche is because I have to calibrate the wiimote to the screen and I can\'t figure out how to do this with Osculator.

Thanks!

Matt

Hi Matt,

Per se, the Raw IR can't really be calibrated.

Could you please elaborate a bit more on what you would like to achieve in terms of calibration? Maybe the scalings page will help you adjust the Raw IR output. Click on the page curl on the top right of the messages table to go in the scalings page.

Best,

Cam

Comment

In other programs I am able to project a grid where there are points to touch on the screen and from touching those points the program calibrates exactly where the IR source is and scales to the screen and projector output. So when I touch a point on my screen the position corresponds to exactly where my hand is. I think it is like an automatic scaling. Here is a link to a Touche video. http://vimeo.com/1535764 You can see about 6:30 into him calibrating the screen. The reason I want to use Osculator is because it works soooo well with wiimotes and multiple wiimotes and distribute that data to multiple programs easily and reliably. I will play with scaling more when I get home from work.

Thanks!

Comment

ok, i see.

Touché looks very promising ; it would be great if it could handle OSC input to give the dots from the Wiimote.

I think you can try the scaling feature, but it won't be as smooth as the automatic calibration from Touché. Also, it would rather be the job from a software like Touché to do that particular calibration, instead of OSCulator which is here to provide the data coming from the Wiimote.

What I mean here is that the spacial calibration that Touché makes is a very specific task, and OSCulator provides the Raw IR data for general use.

I'm not really sure to understand how you use Touché with OSCulator right now. Or maybe you would like to implement a Touché clone with OSCulator?

Comment

Working...
        X