Communication between I- phone and Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jason,

I was not aware that you have not been able to control the phone from Live.

The way things are made, I don't think it is a really good idea to use only one inbound OSC port (that is, only one OSCulator window).

I would highly recommend you start with only one iPhone, and make sure you get the feedback from Live.

Setup this phone with outbound OSC port 8000 (OSCulator inbound port 8000 too, indeed). Let me know if it works for you. It should since it has been designed this way.

Now, close the document, save it, and start again for a second phone. Start from an empty document like you did for the first phone. Change the inbound OSC port to 8001 (for example), and reflect that change on the second iPhone too, so TouchOSC sends it data to port 8001. Try this configuration, and make sure it works in both directions like it did for the the first phone.

Repeat the last operation for each phones you want to use.

Normally you should be able to launch two documents at the same time.

If you want to make sure the data from Live to TouchOSC will go back to the right phone, open the Parameters Window, and go in the "OSC Hosts" tab. Look at the "Default Host" pop-up button, it should be set on the iPhone corresponding to your phone.

I have a friend that has an iPod Touch and an iPhone too. Next week, I will try to control Live with 3 instances of TouchOSC, to make sure I am not telling crap. If I find a bug I will send you a corrected version.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Working...
    X