Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw IR LEDs - check Status

hi everyone,

im working on a project where i need to check the Status of the RAW-IR-LEDs (visible/not visible).

GLOVEPie (for windows) provides this as a fourth parameter for the RAW-IR-LEDs, its called Status.

Would it be possible to integrate this parameter into osculator as well? Or is there allready a way to check for the Status?

greets iason

Hello Iason,

With some scaling on the size argument, you could emulate the functionality GlovePie offers.

However, I realize that it is not that simple, so maybe adding a fourth argument (status, or active in OSCulator parlance) would be a good option.

If you would like more details on how to use the scaling page to use the size argument as a trigger, please let me know.

In any case, I will add your suggestion for the next release. And if you want a beta release, please send me an email to camille at osculator dot net.

Best,

Cam

Comment

hi camille,

thanks for the answer.

i would like to hear more details about the use of the scaling page to emulate the Status-parameter.

greets iason

Comment

Hallo Iason,

I've sent you a beta version which changes just a little detail on how Raw IR messages are processed.

First change: all the IR dots (1, 2, 3 and 4) are messaged now. This means that whenever OSCulator finds a Raw IR dot, it will fire the 4 messages (even if only one is active). I think this will be better for the user since it will better understand the meaning of the Raw IR messages.

Second change, more relevant to you: when the size is 0, it means that the dot is not detected. If the size is over zero, it means a dot has been detected. A IR dot can have a size between 0.0625 (1/16 actually) and 1. Honestly I have never detected a dot with a size of 1, but that is theoretically possible.

Since 0.0625 is way under 0.5 you may want to use the scalings page to adjust the detection threshold.
        It is very easy to do that:
        • click on the page curl icon located in the top right corner of the main table.
        • locate and click on the line corresponding to the size argument you want to adjust.
        • for fun, press the space bar a window showing the current value of the dot is displayed (use a lighter to trigger the IR dot and experiment with different distances to see the size value going up and down).
        • now, in the Input Max column, enter 0.1 and click the "Cap" checkbox. This means that the expected input values are between 0 and 0.1. The Cap option is used to ensure the input is limited to this interval.

As you can see now, when a dot is detected, is goes over the value 0.5, which means you can now use it as a trigger for a MIDI Note or any event in OSCulator (since the trigger threshold is 0.5).

Best Regards,
        Camille
        Last edited by camille; 06-22-2011, 03:25 PM. Reason: formatting

Comment

hi,

this works very good. thank you for the quick realisation. i am actually using it with processing via OSC (oscP5 library) so the 0.5 tigger is not that important, but its good to know. now its possible to show, hide and move objects whenever an IRLed is recognized

=> easy to use "tracking system"

greets iason

Comment

Working...
          X