Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Space Navigator. Absolute values to relative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Navigator. Absolute values to relative?

Hello!

I bought SN and OSCulator specially to control it. For some time it was fun, i was using it as a MIDI controller, but now it's just somewhere in my table all the time...thing is that for now it feels more like multi-dimensional pitch-bend, if you know what i mean, it's good for some quick gestures, but to control something more complicated, like changes in time, you need to keep it in your hand all the time, and be very, very careful because of it's sensitivity...

It would be nice if OSCulator will have special feature, letting us to convert SN's absolute values to relative, with control over sensitivity or, speed of changes and scale, which will allow us to use it in mode it was designed in mind with( i mean if you flying over Google Earth's surface or moving camera around 3D object in editor you not going back to your initial position as soon as you releasing SN).

Of course it can be done inside of environment someone using, if it is something like Max or Supercollider, but i think it is function of OSCulator to provide us with usable data from controllers, and it will make it more versatile and cool It already have some nice features like dividing controller axis, why not to have some more logic stuff...

Well, i hope it is possible to implement, looking forward to start to use my SN again...

Oh, what about that terrible, sorry, terrific)))) blue light inside of it? IS it possible to control it's behavior somehow? I'd like to turn it on on stage, so i can have some kind of feedback from my soft through OSC, for now it's kinda stupid and annoying, not really informative...this would be another cool feature, what you think?

Oh, by the way, if it must be other way around, relative to absolute, then excuse me, i'm bad with terms, and my english also not so good, it just sounds right for me like this)))

Comment

another thought may be to use buttons to lock some of the dimensions while adjusting others... like left button for move and right for rotate, because at least without seeing what's going on it will be hard to trace all the parameters(well, of course you can hear everything anyway).

Comment

Hi Nbveh,

These are very good suggestions. I'll use them for an upcoming version, thanks!

As you said OSCulator currently acts more or less as OSC bridge for the SN, which is a bit limited when you don't use some additional software to process the data right after.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Working...
        X