No announcement yet.

Wii Motion Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm another user who would love to access wii motion plus data--and who would be happy to help beta test the feature. thanks for all the hard work, cam.

Comment

Hi Cam,

I am a new user who has been trying to get by with Darwiin remote. I have recently discovered that it is inadequate to my needs and I am happy to find osculator does what I need and more. Primarily, the wii paring is much more stable.

I have a couple of wii motion plus in my possession (had pre-ordered) and would love to test your osculator support for wii motion plus.

I work mainly in PD (as opposed to MaxMSP) so if you would like some demo patches for folks to broaden their development horizons let me know and I'd be happy to whip something up.

Comment

Hi David,

PD patches will be more than welcome!

Thanks.

It's difficult to give a precise estimation on when the work will be completed, but I sense it will be around september.

Best,

Cam

Comment

I'm SO interested in this, I've been waiting eagerly for the motion plus to create this project: <http://jeremybailey.net/rhizomeApp.html> which is an extension of work I've already done using the regular wii mote <http://jeremybailey.net/youradhere.html>

please keep me in the loop!

Comment

Is it possible to get absolute position in 2d or 3d space with the wii motion plus?

Comment

In theory with 3 accelerometers and 3 gyroscopes, it could be thought that it is possible to compute the absolute position and orientation of an object quite easily.

But this is a though issue because the sensors are not "absolutely" precise: car GPS, airplanes, and even the software in the games that use the Wii Motion Plus use rather sophisticated algorithms to give an estimation.

As a first step, my goal is to have a good enough estimation of the pitch, roll and yaw attitude angles, in an absolute fashion. Absolute positioning is a step further, that can only be made if the first one is successful.

Comment

hello Camille,

if this is still needed, i'd like to join with pleasure the betatesting the wii motion plus. I also can try to do some patcing for maxmsp if that needed

and thanks again for the great app

Comment

Hey njazz,

Thanks for the offer.

I will keep you all posted when I have some interesting news on that topic.

It is still under the works :-(

Best,

Cam

Comment

Man I hope that Motion plus will be supported ASAP :-) Can I be beta tester?? I think that I'm nerdy enough :-D Check out what we've done prusadjs.cz

Comment

hello !

I'm in too :-)

If someone is done with the Motion Plus, i'm ready to beta test it, and give some feedback, because this feature would be very interesting for me

mil

Comment

Hey Milou,

The best (like for anyone who want to preview this feature) would be to send me an email request at camille at osculator dot net. It's easier for me to keep track of interested users.

In a couple of days, after two month of work, I will post a status update on my blog.

If all is fine the initial version will follow next week.

Best,

Camille

Comment

Hello everyone,

The beta subscription is now closed.

A first beta version has been sent to users that expressed their interest in beta testing.

Thanks!

Cam

Comment

...anyone got a torrent linking to the 1st Beta? ;-)

Comment

that would be fun indeed.

the second beta is better though :^)

Comment

Hi Camille

I a probably future user of OSCulator, which I discovered a few weeks ago.

I acquired a Wii Remote yesterday, including the Motion Plus extension.

I wanted to know how the beta was going and if you intended to make

an public update soon.

I'd prefer to wait before to buy a licence because I'm a relatively poor student

(the wii mote itself had a price), and that the other parameters are

available freely within Max 5 with a few objects…

Thanks in advance, all the best.

Julien

Comment

Working...
                                X