Serial device (i.e. Arduino) support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial device (i.e. Arduino) support

I was thinking that it would be awesome if OSCulator could directly access serial data from an Arduino. You currently (on OSX) have to use Max or PD to use the Arduino's analog and digital ins and outs. But, being able to output OSC/midi from OSCulator instead would be much better in situations where Max or PD are not the final destination for the Arduino's data.

Hey Scott,

I already thought of a arduino bridge for osculator.

I am wondering if there is not already a OSC to serial bridge that allows to send OSC to an arduino device … If this is the case, do you think it would be really necessary to have a direct support in osculator?

Cam

Comment

Hi Cam!

Hmmmm. I didn't think there was an existing solution (I looked around a bunch on the net in the not too distant past), but mebbe there is. If there was an arduino>>OSC app out there, then I guess it wouldn't be absolutely necessary for OSCulator to be able to talk in serial data ... but it would be nice from the "one stop shopping" aspect of not having to have more than OSCulator open for all of one's data routing and acquisition needs

I did manage to find this:

http://newecologyofthings.wik.is/

The solution at the above link seems pretty technical and requires intermediary legwork to be done in a commercial app (Adobe Flash). And, unfortunately, other solutions for getting Arduino data in an easily usable format (read: midi or OSC) in OSX, not using PD or Max/MSP, seem to be rather sparse. Do you know of any others?

Comment

Working...
      X