Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strips and buttons Wacom not working

Hi there,

First of all, I would like to thank you for developing this fantastic piece of software. I enables us to be even more creative when making music. I downloaded the software mainly to use my Wacom Intuos3 tablet with Max/msp. However, I noticed that the strips and buttons keep on functioning normally after pressing the tab button, even though the pen is able to send data via the Wacom to Max patch. Am I doing something wrong here?

Many thanks,

Vincent

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your kind words, I really appreciate!

When the Caps-Lock key is engaged, the mouse should be locked, and the express keys and strips should send data. If not, maybe your driver is not up to date. I know that earlier versions of the Wacom driver were not able to share the status of the additional controllers on the tablet. The latest driver version is 6.1.2-3.

If you would like I can send you a beta version of OSCulator that allows for choosing a global key combo for locking the tablet, and also that doesn't loose mouse locking when switching applications. I think I also fixed a minor bug related to express keys and strips which would explain why it is not working properly in your case.

If you are interested, please send me a email directly to camille at osculator dot net.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Hi Camille,

thank you for your reply. I updated the Wacom drivers, but now things are even worse... The keys and strips still do not respond, and tilt reacts when I use pressure, whereas the pressure slider does not react at all. Also, I got the following error message when installing the Wacom update:

"System extension cannot be used. The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/hpPluginInit.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update."

Help...?

Thanks and best,

Vincent

Comment

After a quick google search, I found out that the error message had to do with the printer driver (hence the hp reference in the system extension). I is strange, though, that this message didn't appear until after I had installed the Wacom update. Nevertheless, the Wacom still does not act properly when using osculator...

Thanks,

Vincent

Comment

Hey Vincent,

Have you tried you tablet with another application that responds to tablet pressure, like Photoshop?

Tilt and pressure can not be confused in OSCulator unless there is a driver problem.

The usual fix with Wacom drivers is to uninstall the driver (there is an uninstaller in the Applications folder), restart the computer, re-install the driver, and restart the computer a second time. It should fix the problem

Best,

Cam

Comment

Hi Camille,

I followed your instructions, and now the strips and keys are responding. However, tilt, movement, and pressure are still confused. They work properly in other applications, though. Strange...

Thanks,

Vincent

Comment

Vincent,

When I asked you to install the lastest driver, I only briefly tested it on my side. Following your last post, I tested more in depth and noticed there was a bug in this driver (the previous driver 6.1.1-2 doesn't have this bug).

The x and y coordinates are not properly scaled which results in a confusion in the Max patch.

I am sorry for asking to install this driver, now the best thing to do would be to revert to the driver with version number 6.1.1-2. I have notified the Wacom engineers, and I hope they will fix this problem in the next release. I have tested the Max patch with this driver, and all seems to work fine.

In the meantime, I will try to find a workaround in my application, but there is not many solutions ...

Camille

Comment

Hi Camille,

No worries. I will install the previous driver instead. Many thanks for the excellent support and quick replies to my questions!

Best,

Vincent

Comment

All is working as it should now, with the 6.1.1-2 driver installed. Thanks again!

Best,

Vincent

Comment

Working...
                  X